Sign in to follow this  
GuillermoDelQuarto

Crowdfund boosted V's facebook promotion?

Hey guys,

just had a little idea, given the recent success of that little foothills crowdfund shirt sponsorship project.  

So I've recently taken over running the mens soccer league here in whitehorse, and decided I'd try out some of facebooks advertising tools.  It's pretty small scale for me, I've been paying a couple bucks a day, and getting a ton of new followers(for a city of 35,000 or so anyways).  I was wondering if this same concept could be applied to the V's facebook presence.

If we all chip even 50 cents or so a day we could potentially get a bunch of new followers.  I was thinking especially of targeting it to Vancouver for the week surrounding the match(aka right away) in the hopes of capitalizing on the buzz.  

Thoughts?  

@Tuscan you took the reins on the foothills one didn't you?  Any interest in this?  I've never used crowdfund before.  I'm assuming @socceronly is involved in the FB page?

Cheers u beauties

I mean, sure.  But the hype is real right now, and if Canada somehow pulls off an upset, now seems like the best time to do it.  We raised a grand for the PDL kit sponsorship in a day.  Thats more than enough to get a couple hundred more people tuned it, if not a 1000, maybe even more.  I'm fine if we have to wait, but at least consider it.  

Edited by GuillermoDelQuarto

I have used facebook marketing on the Kitchener Voyageurs events. That was out of pocket. It's okay, but I still have some reservations. There is lots of interesting work done on bad facebook likes and paying for ads. So I am a bit torn, but if it get's new legitmate fans, it's worth it. 

Really good video.  I used it recently and got new people who I actually knew in real life so I was a little excited about it, but maybe its not all its cracked up to be.  I'm still willing to give it a go however, even just to see.  I guess it seems like the key is engagement.  If people are initially engaged it might legitimately work, if not its kind of a waste.  Hence, around the WCQ it might kinda work, who knows. 

Speaking of incorporation, where are we on that right now? If anything we should start discussing division of tasks among willing members of the Vs.

On 5/25/2016 at 11:10 AM, Tuscan said:

Speaking of incorporation, where are we on that right now? If anything we should start discussing division of tasks among willing members of the Vs.

I was told to wait as there are changes to the non profit act coming that would be beneficial to us.