Jump to content
masster

Michael Petrasso

Recommended Posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, masster said:

Yeah, so good to see that he was finally breaking into the first team. Too bad that this was just the interim coach :-(. Same problem for Junior actually!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soccerpro said:

How does a player get experience if his coach won't play him because he doesn't have it? That doesn't sound promising.

To be fair Petrasso was never really expect to start every week for them. In fact i would have been happy with sporadic substitute appearances. For a guy who is only 20 and isn't ready to get called up by Floro he was playing way above his expectations. ~90% of the Canadian national team play below the Championships' level. Also the coach is just trying to say he isn't ready to start but luckily in a year or 2 he will be. From what i saw his performances were just average so i would understand why the coach would want to make the switch and just substitute him on to "gain more experience"

Edited by canta15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Who would you drop....Kianz?

He might be the one to be dropped due to match fitness at that time.  But I'm not convinced because Kianz can play the CM role the way Floro likes plus he can be depth on the wing.

With Petrasso the only role he can play in our system is left wing so that makes it tough for him to get into the squad, especially since with Hoilett there is little chance of him starting and Akindele is a pretty good option off the bench as is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Keegan said:

He might be the one to be dropped due to match fitness at that time.  But I'm not convinced because Kianz can play the CM role the way Floro likes plus he can be depth on the wing.

With Petrasso the only role he can play in our system is left wing so that makes it tough for him to get into the squad, especially since with Hoilett there is little chance of him starting and Akindele is a pretty good option off the bench as is.

I thought about this, but when you have Will, Atiba, JDG, Teibert, Piette and even Straith who all play in the middle. It makes me believe that Kianz is a very deep, deep reserve, and would be one of the last options to come in the middle. Personally I would play Trafford over him. 

Then you look at the crop of our wingers,  and you'll realize we only have 3 in Hoilett, Tesho, and Ricketts.

I'm all about the competition for spots, and having like player options -  baring any injuries in mind, they can be replaced with a like player rather than playing someone out of position, which we tend to do. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I thought about this, but when you have Will, Atiba, JDG, Teibert, Piette and even Straith who all play in the middle. It makes me believe that Kianz is a very deep, deep reserve, and would be one of the last options to come in the middle. Personally I would play Trafford over him. 

Then you look at the crop of our wingers,  and you'll realize we only have 3 in Hoilett, Tesho, and Ricketts.

I'm all about the competition for spots, and having like player options -  baring any injuries in mind, they can be replaced with a like player rather than playing someone out of position, which we tend to do. 

 

I'd add Tissot to the list of wingers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canadian U-20 Player of the Year winner. Ahead of Larin sort of surprising, but hopefully Petraasso breaks into the first team for QPR and Canada. He REALLY impressed me in the U-23 CONCACAF tournament, really the only time I've seen him play and he was better than anyone on USA and could probably start on Mexico U-23 team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, michaeltfc91 said:

Canadian U-20 Player of the Year winner. Ahead of Larin sort of surprising, but hopefully Petraasso breaks into the first team for QPR and Canada. He REALLY impressed me in the U-23 CONCACAF tournament, really the only time I've seen him play and he was better than anyone on USA and could probably start on Mexico U-23 team

You might be able to watch him play tomorrow as QPR take on Brighton tomorrow, shown BeinTV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, michaeltfc91 said:

Canadian U-20 Player of the Year winner. Ahead of Larin sort of surprising, but hopefully Petraasso breaks into the first team for QPR and Canada. He REALLY impressed me in the U-23 CONCACAF tournament, really the only time I've seen him play and he was better than anyone on USA and could probably start on Mexico U-23 team

If Larin is not the U-20 player of the year than it surely means he's the men's player of the year. Petrasso was great in Olympic qualifiers but had a really rough year otherwise until a few weeks ago.

Edited by shermanator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shermanator said:

If Larin is not the U-20 player of the year than it surely means he's the men's player of the year. Petrasso was great in Olympic qualifiers but had a really rough year otherwise until a few weeks ago.

Great Olympic qualifiers and a better U20 tournament than Larin too.  I can't see Larin beating out Hutchinson for Men's player of the year either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Image may contain: 2 people, text

     

    Ticket Deadline

    Sunday March 17th

    Get your tickets here

     

    Pre Game Events

    Saturday March 23rd - Mahoney & Sons

    You must RSVP to this event
    RSVP HERE

    Sunday March 24th - Library Square Public House

    Our pre game party will start at 11am 
     

     

  • canpl-game-cropped.png

     

    Join us for this historic game!

    The Voyageurs are inviting all fans of the game who want to be at this historic match to join us. 

    We have arranged with Forge's James Hutton to set up a section at the game.

    After we will be joining a post game inaugural CanPL party hosted by the Barton Street Battalion 

    Please join and share the Facebook event here. Let's spread the word and make this a great day.

    Tickets
    pixel.gif
×
×
  • Create New...