Vince193

Milan Borjan

58 minutes ago, Mister215Guy said:

He's in a league much better than MLS. With already a shortage of Canadian players being active in Europe, there's no need to remove one. MLS is below Canadians' level and anyone with self-respect and drive to be the best will avoid it. MLS is community college, and Borjan is already beyond that level, even if he's not in a top league in Europe.

The Bulgarian league isn't better than MLS. The best teams are perhaps better but as you go down the table the quality drops considerably. And Borjan isn't even a regular.

Also reading your post made me realize that responding is pointless if that's the kind of mindset you have.

19 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

The Bulgarian league isn't better than MLS.

Please watch some Bulgarian matches, and the players have creativity and technical skills that MLS players couldn't daydream about. Also, when has MLS produced a Stoichkov or Berbatov, among others?

14 hours ago, Mister215Guy said:

Please watch some Bulgarian matches, and the players have creativity and technical skills that MLS players couldn't daydream about. Also, when has MLS produced a Stoichkov or Berbatov, among others?

Buddy your precious Bulgarian teams can't even make it past the 2nd round of Europa League qualifying. But sure, Bulgarian teams are waay better than Mls teams even though they can't beat the mighty club superpowers that are Zimbru Chisinau, Diosgyor, and St. Polten

I don't even know if the top Bulgarian teams are better than the top MLS teams to be honest. The depth in MLS is really improving and squads are becoming filled with internationals from Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica etc., not to mention all the American internationals. Then you also have a smattering of internationals from European countries like Finland, Sweden, Slovakia etc. Now we are getting Ecuadorian and Paraguayan internationals.  

I have watched some matches from the Bulgarian league. Technically, the players are good, but overall I think the MLS is better.  Ludogorets, CSKA Sofia, and Levski are all decent sides, but after that there is a little bit of a drop off.  They would all compete quite well in the MLS.

With that being said, some players want to play in Europe for a variety of reasons (professional and personal).  

Edited by Toje

11 hours ago, canta15 said:

Buddy your precious Bulgarian teams can't even make it past the 2nd round of Europa League qualifying. But sure, Bulgarian teams are waay better than Mls teams even though they can't beat the mighty club superpowers that are Zimbru Chisinau, Diosgyor, and St. Polten

I look at it this way people in North America most certainly underestimate the Bulgarian league and people in Bulgaria underestimate the MLS.

The Bulgarian league isn't bad, and I would say the same about the MLS.  One thing that Bulgaria does not have is the infastructure.  Some of the stadiums have seen better days.

11 minutes ago, WheatsheafSK said:

Goalie?  What are you - Bob Bradley using North American terms in footie?

I thought Milan was injured - is he back now?

Could be injured, if that's the case why do you pick up a foreign keeper

https://t.co/uyPQUktfK5 (Slovak source)

I understand more Slovak than Polish, but basically the club is in contact with Milan.  It all depends on the current keeper, Martin Polacek, and if he moves to Asia  or not.  Apparently, he has a few offers.

Edited by Toje

No start or even on the bench for Milan in this friendly today.

I know this is just a friendly and might not mean anything, but him not being on the bench at all might be a sign he is on the move. It is not as if he needs rest, he was on the bench last game.

Will Borjan ever land in a top 5/6 league? He seems to bounce around the various European leagues on the periphery but never jumps to a big one (I know he was in Turkey but only for a short time and with a smaller club). Is this his lot in life or might he ever make to a big league or does he not have the talent?

Looks good but makes a huge blunder once in a while which is likely the main turn off for clubs. It was painful to watch at Sivasspor. We hoped those days were over when he moved to Ludogorets but right away he gave Liverpool the win with his huge mistake...

I don't know if we'll ever see Milan at a top 5/6 league, given his current trajectory. 

Perhaps he gets another shot with another continental cup competitor from a smaller league (such as Bulgaria), but I think he'll settle into a mid-level club in a league like Poland or perhaps Ukraine, Greece, a place like that.  

Milan is a fantastic shot stopper, but those bonehead plays he makes once in a while (and is poor distribution) probably are the difference between him being a starter in a top-6 league and his current situations unfortunately. 

sports.bg has reported that Borjan has been dropped from the European roster by Ludogorets.  Instead, the Brazilian keeper Renan was added (he is a new signing).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renan_dos_Santos

The article went on to mention that since Borjan has been left off the Europa League squad, it is a clear sign that a transfer could happen soon.  Again, the biggest speculation is coming out of Poland.  

Another report said that negotiations with Lubin were in the advanced stages, but this was on Feb 1st.

Edited by Toje