Jump to content
shermanator

Ballou Tabla

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

My guess is that we will see Ferreira be the next to commit as he is getting older and his chances with Portugal aren’t great.  Hopefully that happens when he comes back from injury.  Tomori and Stephen may take a little longer.  Hopefully one of them commits by the Gold Cup next year and the other for World Cup qualifying.  There is also Akinola who we may see although he is gotta start thinking his chances with Canada are not much better than with the US with the depth we have in the front 3 positions now.  

Ferreira true. 

I don't think Tomori has much of a chance with England, unless he goes to the premier league next season and starts. He has wayyyy to many young CBs to pass who are currently getting premier league minutes. In 2022, when he's 24 he'll be battling against Joe Gomez who will be 25, John Stones 28, Harry Maguire 29, Michael Keane 28,... And those are the guys who have caps. 

Likewise with Stephen, he'll need a move somewhere with guys like Renato Sanchez, Ruben Neves, Andre Gomes etc. 

I think we'll see Stephen first though. 

As for Akinola, he'll have to make a decision that's best for him. Right now Canada ain't a guarantee as it was 3 months ago. 

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ESG Shawn said:

Perusing Twitter for reactions, I found this tweet: 

English translation: "Today, 3 players born in Africa refuse to play for their native country:

- Ballou Tabla born in Abidjan, officially chooses Canada.
- Cheikh Diop born in Dakar, wants to play for Spain.
- Dimitri Oberlin born Yaoundé, his father says he has nothing to do with Cameroon."

It feels quite strange to be on this side!

 

Lol. Chris Tucker. “Bye Felicia”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, socceronly said:

This has been a serious hit to today's productivity.

Lucky I did not see it until just now, I would never have gotten anything done this half day. 

I am sort of amazed and incredibly pleased inside. Now do I put his name on my Canada shirt, or on my Barça shirt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Lucky I did not see it until just now, I would never have gotten anything done this half day. 

I am sort of amazed and incredibly pleased inside. Now do I put his name on my Canada shirt, or on my Barça shirt?

You and your Canada flag, take a bow. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ray said:

You and your Canada flag, take a bow. 😉

Actually, my flag is so old and shoddy I never unfolded it any game. Today, literally an hour ago, I ordered a new one online. 

So what is considered the best way to put a name on a flag, to do the lettering? Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Actually, my flag is so old and shoddy I never unfolded it any game. Today, literally an hour ago, I ordered a new one online. 

So what is considered the best way to put a name on a flag, to do the lettering? Any suggestions?

Depends on the flag. 

If it's sublimated poly, it can take high heat and you could get letters on anywhere.

If it's nylon, you need low temperature vinyl, or you will melt/shrink/distort kill the flag.

Pretty sure I have some poly ones here. I can put a name on one if you like and send it to you.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, socceronly said:

Depends on the flag. 

If it's sublimated poly, it can take high heat and you could get letters on anywhere.

If it's nylon, you need low temperature vinyl, or you will melt/shrink/distort kill the flag.

Pretty sure I have some poly ones here. I can put a name on one if you like and send it to you.

Wow, you'd do that?

What I wanted to do was put a phrase on the flag, in French, saying something like "Ballou Tabla, Canadian footballer". Or is that not how you do it? Another option would be the name, and then The Voyageurs....I have no experience in such things.

PM if you think this is possible. Meanwhile, I am going to the Barça B game on Saturday, vs. Olot, at home.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Wow, you'd do that?

What I wanted to do was put a phrase on the flag, in French, saying something like "Ballou Tabla, Canadian footballer". Or is that not how you do it? Another option would be the name, and then The Voyageurs....I have no experience in such things.

I have thought about doing stuff with the flag before. It's a little tricky with the flag's layout and white/red.   LIght lettering on the red doesn't work on the white and vise versa, unless it is black. 

A V's logo round inside the leaf works.  But from a distance it just looked weird. 

While thankfully we are not Americans burning our flag if it touches the ground (happy to use one on a picnic) a few people got all 'flaggy with it' so to speak. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Yeah, if Tabla makes it big, he will be the Cote d’Ivoire Whoregreaves.  Shoe is on the other foot, (insert expletive)!

I think the circumstances here are quite different.

Owen Whoregraves
Born: Canada
Grew up: Canada
Youth development: Canada (Calgary Foothills)
Pro development: Germany
Represents: England

Whoregreaves was the only player to appear for England at the senior level, despite having never lived in England, and the first to appear for England without having played in Britain. Hargreaves has attempted a baffling British accent, so badly, that people in England still think he's German.

Ballou Tabla
Born: Ivory Coast
Grew Up: Canada
Youth development: Canada (Montreal Impact)
Pro development: Canada/Spain
Represents: Canada

Tabla played for Canada at U15, U17, and U20 levels. Tabla has never attempted a baffling British accent.

Conclusion: Ballou Tabla - not Owen Whoregreaves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Soju said:

I think the circumstances here are quite different.

Owen Whoregraves
Born: Canada
Grew up: Canada
Youth development: Canada (Calgary Foothills)
Pro development: Germany
Represents: England

Whoregreaves was the only player to appear for England at the senior level, despite having never lived in England, and the first to appear for England without having played in Britain. Hargreaves has attempted a baffling British accent, so badly, that people in England still think he's German.

Ballou Tabla
Born: Ivory Coast
Grew Up: Canada
Youth development: Canada (Montreal Impact)
Pro development: Canada/Spain
Represents: Canada

Tabla played for Canada at U15, U17, and U20 levels. Tabla has never attempted a baffling British accent.

Conclusion: Ballou Tabla - not Owen Whoregreaves

Wait til Arfield tries to affect a baffling Newfie accent...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tabla still isn't getting a ton of minutes at Barca B, hopefully he gets more starts as the season progresses, Davies and Tabla on each flank for us is going to create so much space for our central midfielders and strikers for years to come.  Also we are going to have the players to be lethal on the counter attack, that could be super valueable in tough away games in CONCACAF.  We've never had these type of players or this many quality attackers, fingers crossed but Tabla and Davies are still just teenagers and have ridiculous potential ahead of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Yeah, if Tabla makes it big, he will be the Cote d’Ivoire Whoregreaves.  Shoe is on the other foot, (insert expletive)!

Not really, as he didn't grow up there and play his first meaningful soccer there which then lead to bigger and better things.  In other words, there wasn't much to be thankful towards Cote d'Ivoire about... but Canada on the other gave both of them the opportunity to live a life that helped lead to their success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Soju said:

I think the circumstances here are quite different.

Owen Whoregraves
Born: Canada
Grew up: Canada
Youth development: Canada (Calgary Foothills)
Pro development: Germany
Represents: England

Whoregreaves was the only player to appear for England at the senior level, despite having never lived in England, and the first to appear for England without having played in Britain. Hargreaves has attempted a baffling British accent, so badly, that people in England still think he's German.

Ballou Tabla
Born: Ivory Coast
Grew Up: Canada
Youth development: Canada (Montreal Impact)
Pro development: Canada/Spain
Represents: Canada

Tabla played for Canada at U15, U17, and U20 levels. Tabla has never attempted a baffling British accent.

Conclusion: Ballou Tabla - not Owen Whoregreaves

This reads like the best political attack ad of the early 90's

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, villus said:

Tabla still isn't getting a ton of minutes at Barca B, hopefully he gets more starts as the season progresses, Davies and Tabla on each flank for us is going to create so much space for our central midfielders and strikers for years to come.  Also we are going to have the players to be lethal on the counter attack, that could be super valueable in tough away games in CONCACAF.  We've never had these type of players or this many quality attackers, fingers crossed but Tabla and Davies are still just teenagers and have ridiculous potential ahead of them.  

Don't know where you are getting your stats from. He has started 4 of five league matches. What more could you ask?

He played 2 full matches, and was subbed out around m. 70 twice. 

The other, coming off the bench, he played from m. 70 on. 

He has scored one of the team's five goals so far. 

He also was on the preseason US tour with the first team and played a few halves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Don't know where you are getting your stats from. He has started 4 of five league matches. What more could you ask?

He played 2 full matches, and was subbed out around m. 70 twice. 

The other, coming off the bench, he played from m. 70 on. 

He has scored one of the team's five goals so far. 

He also was on the preseason US tour with the first team and played a few halves. 

My bad the site I use doesn't show the Spanish third tier so I was looking at his games in La Liga 2 from the end of last year.  Good to know that he's starting and doing well, I saw him on the summer tour and thought he looked pretty good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Don't know where you are getting your stats from. He has started 4 of five league matches. What more could you ask?

He played 2 full matches, and was subbed out around m. 70 twice. 

The other, coming off the bench, he played from m. 70 on. 

He has scored one of the team's five goals so far. 

He also was on the preseason US tour with the first team and played a few halves. 

Do you think he has a chance to play for the first team ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Do you think he has a chance to play for the first team ?

We lost to the last place team in the league tonight, so anything is possible. Last Sunday I watched Girona draw us at home.

He is the most logical replacement for Dembelé, who is having a much better year than last, have to say.

And there are other attackers ahead of him. Word is if they rest Suarez we'll play a Messi, Dembelé, Coutinho attack. We also have Munir, who for me is an excellent striker and who we mistreat unreasonably, he was on loan last season and was very good. But Ballou is the only one of the bunch who is more a pure winger. So if Dembele gets a knock, and we think we might need a wing player, we may see Ballou with the first team. I would bet that the first round of the Cup, where we end up playing a 3rd tier team, or even 4th, we'll see him called up. 

Have to say, thinking about Dembelé, who is wonderfully ambidextrous: Ballou has made a lot of strong players this year with his wrong foot, he must be working on that, all power to him, because even last season, in the B team, he was not exploring his right foot at all. This has meant that he has lined up a few games on the left of the attack, because he can turn in and shoot with his weaker right, it is alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×