Dub Narcotic

Dario Zanatta

50 minutes ago, BradMack said:

Celtic has seemed to really drop off since Rangers went down. Do you see them getting back to where they were a few years ago once rangers get back? Back when they were playing Barca in the Champions league they looked like they could be a good EPL team.

Even back then they played well in that group and against Barca but overall they were probably a upper level Championship side at best... I mean that was just 3 years ago and aside from Wanyama no one really went anywhere.  

43 minutes ago, shermanator said:

So, one could argue that once Zanatta gets regular starts at Hearts that he would be playing at a level equivalent to where Haber is right now?

Not really. Haber is playing with the bottom club from league 1. The top clubs from league 1 usually do well in the championship. 

54 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Even back then they played well in that group and against Barca but overall they were probably a upper level Championship side at best... I mean that was just 3 years ago and aside from Wanyama no one really went anywhere.  

Depends on how you rate the SPL. Hearts are a bigger club then Crew Alexandra in my opinion though.

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

So, one could argue that once Zanatta gets regular starts at Hearts that he would be playing at a level equivalent to where Haber is right now?

Unfortunately yes.  But Zanatta has a much higher upside although youth and inexperience would be the downside-going to Inverness is much different (and more pleasant safety wise) than going to San Pedro Sula.  And he's at a higher level than Ricketts and only a bit lower level than Larin. 

It just got a little bit tougher for Zanatta to crack the starting XI.  Hearts just signed the "Nigerian Lewandowski" (definitely not my quote) on loan from Vitesse Arnhem in Holland.  

20 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It just got a little bit tougher for Zanatta to crack the starting XI.  Hearts just signed the "Nigerian Lewandowski" (definitely not my quote) on loan from Vitesse Arnhem in Holland.  

But if Dauda is just a direct replacement for Sow, wouldn't that keep the situation pretty much the same? They aren't adding, just replacing? 

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

But if Dauda is just a direct replacement for Sow, wouldn't that keep the situation pretty much the same? They aren't adding, just replacing? 

I just saw Sow got sold to a team in China.  Dauda would be a direct replacement; if he's half as good as Sow was, we have ourselves a player at Hearts.  Zanatta basically has moved up since the King loan to Rangers.

2 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

Could Don Cowie eat into his minutes as well?

Cowie is probably more of a MF although he could play up front in a 4-3-3 if Neilson ever decided to play that way, which has been rare or never this season.  

Dario didn't get off the bench in the Cup game against Hibs. Ended in a 2-2 draw after Hearts had a 2-0 lead.

Here is an article from about a week ago that I did not see posted:
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/6896152/Dario-Zanatta-is-on-road-to-glory-at-Hearts.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160130-_-SunScotSport-_-351697247-_-Imageandlink

I am ecstatic for the young man.  I am obviously biased, but he is working under a very good manager in Robbie Neilson and a club that wants to promote the kids from the youth set up.. 

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/03/16/three-mls-players-called-canada-u-20-team-england-friendly

Called into the U-20 camp, along with Jordan Hamilton and Marco Bustos. Could a good showing here put him in position to earn a senior cap this summer?

After everything I read and the sparatic highlights I've seen, I am very excited to see him in the flesh next week. Hope he gets to start or at least plays a half. 

I really hope Dario makes my own team, Ipswich Town, look stupid for passing on him after a trial last year. 

How's that for a 100th post?! 

Edited by BCM

Here's a recent article on Zanatta's senior team aspirations. Complete with butchering of Floro's last name ;)

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2016/07/10/hearts-starlet-dario-zanatta-talks-canada-dream-heat-texas-birkirkara-hopes/?platform=hootsuite

“It’s definitely my goal to play for the full national team,” said Zanatta. “If I can be involved in the Europa League and help Hearts progress to the group stage then hopefully that would put me in a good position to get a senior call-up.

“I am involved in the under-20s at the moment and I feel like if I keep getting called up at that level then I am clearly doing something right and in the coach’s thoughts.

Edited by shermanator