Jump to content
Dub Narcotic

Greg Ranjitsingh

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jith12 said:

I'm not here to spread rumours but if what Godinho said about a February game is true, it would be the perfect opportunity to call-up Ranjitsingh, considering that foreign clubs are not required to release players because there is no FIFA window in February.

what did Godinho say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

what did Godinho say?

In the CMNT thread on Friday Jith12 said the following.

“I think that I might have stumbled upon an interesting tidbit of information. Marcus Godinho was interviewed by the Edinburgh Evening News in an article that was published this past Tuesday. While the article was about his comeback from injury, he did make a comment about his international career with us.

The quote was: “We have games coming up in February and March. We’ve also qualified for the Gold Cup next June so I’ll be looking to get involved with that if I’m fully fit.” 

 If Godinho is not mistaken, it would appear that we might have a "Camp Poutine" coming up sometime in February. According to the FIFA Calendar, there is no international break in February, but the MLS season does not start until March, meaning that a largely domestically based roster is likely, if this game is happening at all.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

He should be in a better league than MLS. If he doesn't move to Europe could the CPL sign him a year from now?

What are you smoking??  There are no MLS keepers coming to the CPL.  He has a shot with Orlando.  He has been a successful USL keeper for several years, at best CPL would be a lateral move from USL. Both he and Crepeau need to win an MLS job, that would be the best for them and CMNT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

What are you smoking??  There are no MLS keepers coming to the CPL.  He has a shot with Orlando.  He has been a successful USL keeper for several years, at best CPL would be a lateral move from USL. Both he and Crepeau need to win an MLS job, that would be the best for them and CMNT.  

Orlando isn't a good club and consider how they treated Larin are you not skeptical?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

51 minutes ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

Orlando isn't a good club and consider how they treated Larin are you not skeptical?

Compared to Louisville in USL??  Come on...this is a clear chance for him to move up.  Just getting on a MLS minimum salary would be an upgrade, and he has no proven starter in front of him at Orlando.  He could be a starting MLS keeper by the spring...this could be the big break many keepers wait years for.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

What a dumb move! He should have signed in L1O.

/phillyjawnidiot #guyfromvanouver #mexicantroll

You forgot #tig123 (or something like that).  He was my favourite.  There should be a wall of fame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

Orlando isn't a good club and consider how they treated Larin are you not skeptical?

The divorce may have been messy, but to be fair to them, he became a better player while playing for Orlando, and that playing time and coaching is what got him his move to Turkey. Not so bad if you think of it that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He would 100% get called up if he wanted to rep Canada right? I'd say he's pretty obviously right in the mix to be our #2 with Crepeau having to battle for that #1 spot with the caps and Jayson Leutwiler being stuck on the bench in England. 

Unless Orlando sign a new keeper before the start of the season, it looks like he will be given the starting role... The player ahead of him has 5 MLS games played, and only 43 games played in his pro career.... Greg has 78 pro games played, and was the starter under now Orlando head coach, James O'Connor, for the last 3 years... Where they won 2 USL Cups together. Fair bet he's their starter this year unless they bring in a vet. 

Borjan, Ranjitsingh, Crepeau.... It starts to not look so bad. Come on John Herdman, give bobby a call and get him in Greg's ear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BradMack said:

He would 100% get called up if he wanted to rep Canada right? I'd say he's pretty obviously right in the mix to be our #2 with Crepeau having to battle for that #1 spot with the caps and Jayson Leutwiler being stuck on the bench in England. 

Unless Orlando sign a new keeper before the start of the season, it looks like he will be given the starting role... The player ahead of him has 5 MLS games played, and only 43 games played in his pro career.... Greg has 78 pro games played, and was the starter under now Orlando head coach, James O'Connor, for the last 3 years... Where they won 2 USL Cups together. Fair bet he's their starter this year unless they bring in a vet. 

Borjan, Ranjitsingh, Crepeau.... It starts to not look so bad. Come on John Herdman, give bobby a call and get him in Greg's ear. 

Grinwis isnt the front runner, I think its the home grown kid that will be the competition.  But given the history with the coach he has a good shot of at least getting a few games to prove himself.  He just has to do something positive at the MLS level when the chance come, same as St Clair or Crepeau.       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Keegan said:

He should be called.  How does Halifax’s keeper have 80+ caps for Trinidad and Tobago and Rantjitsingh can’t get one? 

I was wondering the same thing. Really strange indeed almost as if they don't want him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Image may contain: 2 people, text

     

    Ticket Deadline

    Sunday March 17th

    Get your tickets here

     

    Pre Game Events

    Saturday March 23rd - Mahoney & Sons

    You must RSVP to this event
    RSVP HERE

    Sunday March 24th - Library Square Public House

    Our pre game party will start at 11am 
     

     

  • canpl-game-cropped.png

     

    Join us for this historic game!

    The Voyageurs are inviting all fans of the game who want to be at this historic match to join us. 

    We have arranged with Forge's James Hutton to set up a section at the game.

    After we will be joining a post game inaugural CanPL party hosted by the Barton Street Battalion 

    Please join and share the Facebook event here. Let's spread the word and make this a great day.

    Tickets
    pixel.gif
×
×
  • Create New...