Sign in to follow this  
masster

2015 MLS TV Ratings

Week 26 ratings: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-game/the-great-canadian-ratings-report--tsn-150912166.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=tw

2 Canadian teams playing each other and only 150,000...not very good.

150k is pretty good. Apparently that is the entry level where advertising starts to make sense so if we could move from that being an occasional to regularly attained number it would start to attract more attention from advertisers.

When was the last time an MLS match actually made these ratings?

Check the first post of this thread for all of the games. San Jose v Vancouver came in at 121,000 a couple of weeks ago.

I find it interesting that EPL consistently beats MLS ratings despite being live during morning time in Canada.  It seems like Canadians would rather watch their clubs playing against each other than US MLS clubs.  

It will be interesting to see how MLS playoffs ratings will do (TSN probably praying for TFC-Montreal playoff game) with all three Canadian teams being part of playoffs this year.  

I don't find the EPL interest level strange at all. Lots of ex-UK folks over here plus throw in all the other European heritage watching EPL to see a particular player from their country. Kind of makes sense. I think it is more of a "ex-UK + Euro + NA footy fans" than a "Canadian" thing even though all technically are Canadian. I will watch Arsenal games just to watch Cazorla play.

Speaking of playoffs what do you guys think of the "D-Day" format for last game of the season? I kind of like it.

Total average of 582,000 for Montreal v Toronto last night. Only 263,000 on TSN but 319,000 on RDS. I guess a lot of Toronto viewers turned the game off in the first half.

http://www.bellmedia.ca/pr/press/last-nights-montreal-impact-toronto-fc-mls-cup-playoffs-match-is-most-watched-mls-game-ever-on-tsn-and-rds/

Also, this game was only on TSN4 and TSN1(?).   

Also, this game was only on TSN4 and TSN1(?).   

As blackdude said, it was on TSN 1,4,5, covering all of the 3 large markets in the country. The first post of the thread lists the exact TSN channels that all of the games have been on. When only TSN is listed, it means it covered all of the regional TSN channels.

Weekend 1 playoff ratings: https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/eh-game/the-great-canadian-ratings-report--thanks-jays--but-now-it-s-hockey-s-turn-223013085.html

Neither game cracks the top 25 or 202,000 viewers. The fact that both of the games were only on 1 of TSN's 4 main regional channels must have really hurt. Also, Sunday time slots up against NFL can't be the best for pulling in casual sports fans. Unfortunately the same will be the case for leg 2 this weekend.