Sign in to follow this  
Fussball_eh

Community Cup in Ottawa on June 28, 2014

Hi guys,

I volunteer for the community cup this year and it is a pretty amazing event and I just wanted to inform all of you about it.

Soccer registration is open for the 2014 edition of Community Cup, taking place at Brewer Park on Saturday, June 28. This recreational tournament stresses fun, spirit, and sportsmanship! In addition to the adult division, new this year are two youth divisions (ages 7 to 10, and ages 11 to 14). Teams in each division vie for their own championship cup. Community Cup is an annual, free, family event that helps newcomers from around the world connect to their new Ottawa home. Hosted by the Catholic Centre for Immigrants, this day-­‐long event has something for everyone: there’s a Kids Zone for the under-­‐14s, delicious food provided by Ottawa food trucks, and demonstration sports presented by many Ottawa sports clubs. This year, a highlight will be an official Citizenship Ceremony where about 40 immigrants will become new Canadian Citizens in Brewer Park. For soccer registration, go to www.communitycup.ca or http://bit.ly/1goowGc. Details on rules and format for the soccer tournament can be found at http://www.communitycup.ca/rules/. See www.communitycup.ca for general information about the event.

I am not sure how many Voyageurs live in Ottawa, but I was thinking it would be awesome if you guys coult put in a team. It would raise awareness to newcomers and Canadians that the Voyageurs exist. As a jersey everyone could wear the Canadian national team jersey :D. If you are not interested in putting in a team, but you live in Ottawa, do check out the event, it's really awesome.

Also, the Bytown Boys and the Stony Monday Riot (as have many other groups) have already put in their own teams, so you can also get in touch with them and ask them to join their team. And btw, rumour has it that some Ottawa Fury players will show up on the day!

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.

Jon

p.s. I am attaching a fact sheet and two posters.

1. Fact Sheet 2014-FINAL.pdf

post-30114-0-18376000-1401541861_thumb.j

This sounds like a great event, I'm looking forward to being there with one of Ottawa's supporter groups. Looking forward to seeing you there as well, fussball_eh!

I am not sure how many Voyageurs live in Ottawa, but I was thinking it would be awesome if you guys coult put in a team. It would raise awareness to newcomers and Canadians that the Voyageurs exist. As a jersey everyone could wear the Canadian national team jersey :D. If you are not interested in putting in a team, but you live in Ottawa, do check out the event, it's really awesome.

It would be awesome to create a V's team in it. Problem is, a lot of us in Ottawa are already with either one of the two Fury SG's. If I wasn't with one, helping out with a Voyageurs team would be a pleasure (I'm not sure if we'd have the numbers, anyway). But this cup is still a great opportunity to wear a V's scarf and help promote Canadian soccer :).

Yeah I put in the team for SMR, but I won't actually be able to play, as I will be volunteering. I am hoping that the Bytown Boys and the SMR will face off against each other ;).

Yeah I put in the team for SMR, but I won't actually be able to play, as I will be volunteering. I am hoping that the Bytown Boys and the SMR will face off against each other ;).

I'll be with the Bytown Boys :). It would be interesting if the two groups face each other. A mini-derby match lol.

Edited by Red and White