Sign in to follow this  
Raven

Any Kelowna Vs??

I'm moving to Kelowna at the end of the month, and I'm looking to play some footy there. I see there is a good league set-up, but im not sure how much time I can commit to leagues yet. Any other options?

Also, I'd like to get together with some people during the world cup to catch a few games.

When in Kelowna, visit the Eurosport Store at 3-1771 Cooper Rd. across from the Orchard Park Mall.  All you want to know about soccer leagues, teams, players, etc. there.   Ask for Charlene.

Hey Raven, I'm moving to Kelowna on April 1 as well, looking at the men's leagues, but not sure what the level is like in each division, there's a coed league that plays on Mondays that should be good fun anyway. Not sure if there is a group that plays pick-up or not. Let me know if you find anything. Will definitely be watching the world cup as well.  

Soccer in Kelowna is one of the best organized in the province and the level of play is high in all three, men, women and youth.  Referee coverage is excellent and also of high quality.  For reference here are all three links.

Men http://www.kmsl.ca

women http://www.kwsl.ca

youth http://www.centraloksoccer.com/league.php?scriptName=HOME&leagueID=5056

Edited by The Ref

We are having a great time in the Urban rec league. i find it a find it a good way to get a feel for footy in the area. We are trying to sign up our team again by friday, depending on the numbers we get, we could likely use another person...interested?

Hey just noticed this thread... I am in Kelowna, haven't played other than kickaround in a few years, glad to hear you guys found a fun league quickly though.

Never had this many Vs in Kelowna in the past, it's always been pretty quiet, me and one other so this is kind of cool to see, welcome to everybody! In my biased opinion, best place I've lived in Canada among many other cities.

I guess this means we'll all have to get together on September 9th for the Jamaica game

Edited by Raven

Ya if you guys do a CMNT somewhere let me know for sure... have a new little one at home so I don't get out as much as I'd like but that sounds fun.

Maybe one day we'll get a PCSL or PDL team back in town.  The Challenge were not heavily supported near the end but with the growing population base and all the expats I'm sure eventually there will be another minor league team back here.

This seemed the best place to put this.

Kelowna Vs - how about getting together for the Canada game!

Not sure of the best venue downtown, any suggestions by anyone?

Sounds like a good idea. If you know of any friendle footy pubs let me know. The last one didn't turn out to great. If the U20 is being shown i'll post a City Viewing forum.