Dub Narcotic

Marco Carducci

His competition at RGV is a 24 year old Spaniard who last played as a back-up in Segunda B, so it's definitely not a surefire starting position, but he definitely has a shot at some solid playtime.

Marco Carducci has signed with Calgary Foothills as a GK coach and player for the 2018 PDL season. Carducci's signing is being made with an eye on the CPL launching in 2019.

Ledgerwood and Carducci were the two signings Tommy Wheeldon told me about a few weeks ago.

36 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

What does that mean?

Tobo claims to have played in 2 World Cups for Cameroon. He did, they were just U20 World Cups.

Does this make him the youngest goalkeeper coach ever?

Good for Calgary and can’t wait to see him play in CPL assuming that does in fact pan out.

Man, that's sad that he couldn’t even cut it in the USL Div. 2 or 3 Division.  I saw him play a few games when he was in the WFC 2 but things didn’t pan out for him.  Guess he’s CPL fodder, which is a good thing or bad thing, depending on your point of view.  Another young promise bites the dust.

Edited by nolbertos

WHEW!!  It would be very sad if a keeper that once had a lot of promise would give it up at 21.  Look at Onstad, didnt crack MLS until he was 34-35, still got in a nice career.  Stick with it Marco!!! I really do expect 1 of these young keepers that should get playing time in the CPL will move onwards and upwards.  

Just noticed that he was named Goalkeeper of the Year for 2018 PDL season. Still only 22. Don't believe there is anything official, but I thought there was rumours he would sign with Cavalry. Would hopefully be the type of guy that can springboard his career with some more experience. 

On 12/1/2018 at 1:38 PM, Stryker911 said:

Would hopefully be the type of guy that can springboard his career with some more experience. 

Hope so too. 

I never watched him this last season so I hope hes got stronger in goal. 

On 12/1/2018 at 11:38 AM, Stryker911 said:

Just noticed that he was named Goalkeeper of the Year for 2018 PDL season. Still only 22. Don't believe there is anything official, but I thought there was rumours he would sign with Cavalry. Would hopefully be the type of guy that can springboard his career with some more experience. 

He was at the Cavalry event last night in a Cavalry hoodie. He said he was hoping for an announcement pretty soon.

It's almost shocking to think he's only 22. He's been around for so long, we tend to view him as more established than he really is/was. If he went the college route, he'd be a rookie. If he sticks with it, he'll progress and move up the chain. I haven't written him off.