Dub Narcotic

Marco Carducci

15 hours ago, PopePouri said:

CPL can't come soon enough.

Maybe a Calgary CanPL club? Seeing as that's where he's from.

just want to see him get plenty of minutes

9 hours ago, shamrock said:

Don't know about Carducci, but the creation of the league will NOT prevent players from being cut. Moreover, it shouldn't. How else will it get even on par with USL, let alone surpass USL in quality? 

No it won't, but players don't just get cut because they're not "good" enough. The reason could be personality, style of play or player culture clashes. Maybe personal issues? Someone like him (who has decent USL experience) should be able to land on his feet somewhere, even if it's a no. 2 or 3 goalkeeper pushing other GK's on another team. Who knows, maybe he establishes himself as the no.1 and goes on to have a really good career. Right now, his options are limited without other pro soccer teams in Canada.

Edited by PopePouri

Interesting. Given that Minnesota only have one keeper signed, who was picked up at the draft this year, I'd have to like Carducci's chances of getting a contract. It looks like former Whitecaps GK coach Marius Rovde is in Minnesota as well, that works in his favour too.

Other keepers in camp for Minnesota are Charlie Lyon (24 year old, hasn't played in MLS, two seasons with Sounders 2) and Sammy N'Djock (Cameroonian keeper who was their starter the last two years in NASL). 

http://www.mnufc.com/post/2017/01/24/full-mnufc-preseason-list

Well, since it was announced that Carducci was trialing in Minnesota, the club has now gone out and acquired 3 goalkeepers. John Avlbage, Patrick McClain and now Bobby Shuttleworth, who was acquired in a trade with New England today. Throw in draft pick Alec Ferrell, and I don't think it's likely Carducci signs an MLS deal anymore. 

I dont' know if Minnesota has a USL affiliate, but hopefully he can catch on there, or another USL club.

Edited by shermanator

Carducci is no longer with Minnesota. Not much of a surprise given the 3 keepers the club picked up between the start of his trial and the end of his trial. Wonder where's next for him, given that NASL and USL rosters are filling up quickly.

he's always reminded me of a youth player playing with men - for his size and stature alone. And many times, this has been the case with him, in the inability to command the box, or actually be fearful presence. 

But good luck to him, he's definitely a CPL candidate for me.

55 minutes ago, yothat said:

PDL at this point. TSRovers or Foothills look likely. 

I wouldn't expect him at Foothills. I would be very surprised if Dylon Powley is not the starting keeper again for Foothills this year.

5 hours ago, yothat said:

PDL at this point. TSRovers or Foothills look likely. 

I don't think he'll drop that far...

Hope one Canadian  can replace another on the Rio Grande Valley roster then...

Edited by BCM

3 hours ago, shermanator said:

Carducci has signed with Rio Grande Valley FC. No official announcement, but he was listed on the club's roster for the 2017 season.

https://www.houstondynamo.com/post/2017/03/23/rio-grande-valley-fc-announces-roster-ahead-2017-usl-season

Nice! Here's to hopping the change of scenery helps him fulfill his potential, as clearly things had stalled for him at VWFC