Sign in to follow this  
Califax

Vees General viewing parties - EPL / La Liga / Bundesliga etc.

Dj cuse and I will be in Ottawa this weekend. Wondering if any vees routinely get together to watch EPL on Saturdays and if they have any suggestion for a good place to watch it. (Jambo, trill, elhombre etc.) Figured this could double as a chance to set up a viewing party thread so that we could maximize meet and greets and grow the group when Canada is off for long periods of time.

Cheers

Dj cuse and I will be in Ottawa this weekend. Wondering if any vees routinely get together to watch EPL on Saturdays and if they have any suggestion for a good place to watch it. (Jambo, trill, elhombre etc.) Figured this could double as a chance to set up a viewing party thread so that we could maximize meet and greets and grow the group when Canada is off for long periods of time.

Cheers

Hey Cal. There are quite a few places in town to watch the Premier League in town although I think the go-to place for that would be the Duke of Somerset on Bank St (near Sunnyside) in Old Ottawa South. It's a different place from where the V's usually go for CNMT matches though, which tends to be Grace O'Malleys out on Ogilvie. I might be able to swing by and meet up with you guys for one of the matches on Saturday so let me know what plans you have.

Hey Cal. There are quite a few places in town to watch the Premier League in town although I think the go-to place for that would be the Duke of Somerset on Bank St (near Sunnyside) in Old Ottawa South. It's a different place from where the V's usually go for CNMT matches though, which tends to be Grace O'Malleys out on Ogilvie. I might be able to swing by and meet up with you guys for one of the matches on Saturday so let me know what plans you have.

Do you mean the Georgetown?

Do you mean the Georgetown?

The Heart and Crown in the Byward Market tends to show all the EPL. Very rarely Bundesliga. No la Liga (still under beINsport control right?). They also show the one Ligue 1 game a week that TV5 broadcasts, usually at 11am on Saturday (all the other games are under beINsport control). I should be there from noon to 12:40 to see some of the second half of the Marseille game on my lunch break from work.

First, I think this is a great idea!

Second, I think the Georgetown is the place to watch EPL on Saturdays. With the Ottawa Fury having an 'Extra Time' event that night, the Bytown Boys (Ottawa supporters) might (key word, might) have a viewing party for an EPL game that afternoon. If you guys are in, I'll personally make sure you're welcome. Wherever you go, please share, you'll have at least one or two Voyageurs in Ottawa interested in joining.