Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Update your shipping info ASAP

Jamie, Jamie, Jaime...shirts made in Honduras!?! Really? Not only do they get the better of us on the field, but now were giving them jobs, so that they earn a salary to attend these games, so that they can intimidate our #CanMNT? Maybe LPTD is not the solution and instead maybe we should be changing Voyaguers shirt suppliers ;)

Jamie, Jamie, Jaime...shirts made in Honduras!?! Really? Not only do they get the better of us on the field, but now were giving them jobs, so that they earn a salary to attend these games, so that they can intimidate our #CanMNT? Maybe LPTD is not the solution and instead maybe we should be changing Voyaguers shirt suppliers ;)

The only Canadian made clothing company that would phone me back was Barbarian, and they make heavy duty rugby shirts, which we will do after the gold cup.

The Canadian companies that make shirts apparently want very high volume, or a base shirt price in bulk that is more expensive that we are selling them, ie $15+ a shirt in high volume.

I would like everything made here. That is the goal eventually.

Sorry, I should have put #sarcasm at end of my post. Didn't mean anything by it, just found it funny when I read 'Honduras' on the tag (it just ahd to be Honduras, didn't it?).

Oh, I wasn't being defensive. I found it funny too.

I am just saying that I would really like to get something made here, it's just going to take some time.

You mean $15 just for the shirts Jamie? Holy crap, tell me you mean screen printed and everything?

After hearing that I almost wish you were in Denver so I could talk to you more about that

You mean $15 just for the shirts Jamie? Holy crap, tell me you mean screen printed and everything?

After hearing that I almost wish you were in Denver so I could talk to you more about that

I mean just the shirt cost.

The Canadian manufacturers just don't want to deal with small organizations.

There are not very many of them.

I would like to go with Canadian made, but at this point it doesn't seem possible.

I would like to go with Canadian made, but at this point it doesn't seem possible.

That is too bad. I guess we need to have a big membership recruitment drive :)

No I definitely hear that...but I mean I'll be real, the prices per shirt for us are about 3-4 dollars per shirt. Of course they charge higher XXL and up. That includes plain red tees. Our supplier does Gildan shirts out of Calgary and we generally pick them up at warehouse to not bite the shipping.

There are places that require one big order to start, but after that, you can have as many little orders as you want...that's basically what happened with these guys.

No I definitely hear that...but I mean I'll be real, the prices per shirt for us are about 3-4 dollars per shirt. Of course they charge higher XXL and up. That includes plain red tees. Our supplier does Gildan shirts out of Calgary and we generally pick them up at warehouse to not bite the shipping.

There are places that require one big order to start, but after that, you can have as many little orders as you want...that's basically what happened with these guys.

Oh, yeah, it's the same here now that we bought some quantity. I switched to the Jerzees shirts cause the guy who runs the place is really nice to deal with.

Will be able to reduce the cost of everything in the next round, except scarves.

Oh, yeah, it's the same here now that we bought some quantity. I switched to the Jerzees shirts cause the guy who runs the place is really nice to deal with.

Will be able to reduce the cost of everything in the next round, except scarves.

Ok man :)

Haven't gotten my shirt yet, any idea if shipments are still being made?

It's been 8 months for me and still waiting for an announcement re: delivery. If posts can be made on the FB page about other items surely something can be posted about this.

It's been 8 months for me and still waiting for an announcement re: delivery. If posts can be made on the FB page about other items surely something can be posted about this.

The total lack of information coming back form "the centre" on topics like paid memberships and items promised is appalling. The same goes for the total neglect on CWNT tickets and "Mission 2015".

Why is there absolutely no accountability on any of these items? Perhaps a more formal governance structure is required for the Voyageurs because I believe we are at a stage that we have outgrown the "ad hoc" methods used up until now. Perhaps a little more professionalism is required for us to be successful going forward. Either that or we give up all pretense of promising that, "we will be all that we can be" with the current system. If all we are expecting is to have a discussion board to share opinions then so be it.

The total lack of information coming back form "the centre" on topics like paid memberships and items promised is appalling. The same goes for the total neglect on CWNT tickets and "Mission 2015".

Why is there absolutely no accountability on any of these items? Perhaps a more formal governance structure is required for the Voyageurs because I believe we are at a stage that we have outgrown the "ad hoc" methods used up until now. Perhaps a little more professionalism is required for us to be successful going forward. Either that or we give up all pretense of promising that, "we will be all that we can be" with the current system. If all we are expecting is to have a discussion board to share opinions then so be it.

Back on things this week.

Priority is to do the following

1. Fix all membership issue

2. Allocate regional coordinators for WWC, Friendlies and U20

3. Migrate this site if VB5 is still a debacle in three months.

Back on things this week.

Priority is to do the following

1. Fix all membership issue

2. Allocate regional coordinators for WWC, Friendlies and U20

3. Migrate this site if VB5 is still a debacle in three months.

These sound like valid areas to focus some attention on and a good start. After that it would be helpful if there was a way to keep up the focus more consistently. As opposed to months of radio silence puntuated by short bursts of intense activity to play catch up.

I hope you are well Jamie. When you are on it things are generally running really well. Perhaps delegating some activities, as you suggest with the regional coordinators concept, is a way to avoid having too much pile up on one person.

I've been waiting since May too.  It's unfortunate that it's fell through the cracks this long.  I've pretty much given up any hope in seeing a Voyageurs scarf.