Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Flag Card tifo during national anthem - Go for it?

Any thoughts on this? Not really tried anything like this before.

Hold up the cards during the national anthem, then rip up the cards and throw them in the air when the whistle goes.

Cost is not trivial.

Need to print thousands of posters essentially.

Red - 2 sided

White - one side.

Probably cost about $800 to try.

Go for it?

I don't get it. What are the cards? Why would we be ripping them up?

Hold up the cards for the anthem, making a large Canada flag out of the south end.

Then rip it up quickly to throw in the air when the whistle goes.

I think the permission to put something on every seat is golden and a huge opportunity we can't pass up.

We get to reach all the people who wonder where these magical tickets actually come from. Turn them all into buyers/voyageurs.

Although it would be amazing to create the LARGE Canada flag from the placards on folks seats, I feel that there are probably going to be a lot of flag wavers already creating a spectacle at this time, and the placard flag might not show up as well.

ALSO, organizationally, isn't this going to be a nightmare to create a massive seat orientated flag? Logistically this sounds like an enormous amount of planning and layout.

AND pre-game work??

- create seating chart (computer generate layout)

- place appropriate placard on seat

- have instructions printed on each placard

- you will have to tape them to the seat so they don't blow away (if windy)

- if it rains, this all is moot as they will be soaked and ruined

Although it would be amazing to create the LARGE Canada flag from the placards on folks seats, I feel that there are probably going to be a lot of flag wavers already creating a spectacle at this time, and the placard flag might not show up as well.

ALSO, organizationally, isn't this going to be a nightmare to create a massive seat orientated flag? Logistically this sounds like an enormous amount of planning and layout.

AND pre-game work??

- create seating chart (computer generate layout)

- place appropriate placard on seat

- have instructions printed on each placard

- you will have to tape them to the seat so they don't blow away (if windy)

- if it rains, this all is moot as they will be soaked and ruined

1. There are instructions on the back

2. no one would be waving flags during the anthem.

3. A mailout to 3000 people would cost 1700 in postage alone!

We have a two hour window from 10am-12pm to put all the stuff in.

It's only two colors. sides are easy. Just the leaf is a problem.

Yes, the leaf...

Do you have an accurate seating chart with all of the rows / aisles / seats ? It should be easy enough to overlay an actual Canadian flag over a detailed floor / seating plan in Photoshop, and then cut / assign all of the placards individually.

Then stack them in groups ahead of time, so someone can just go along and set them on the seat...

You probably have this already all thought out I am sure :)

(The best bet would be an actual south end aerial shot, then associated with seating chart, and then overlay the flag in photoshop, adjust, cut, and voila)

Let me know if you need assistance in laying this stuff out... I could come down early on Saturday and help if you wish????

Why not just try red and white checkered pattern first? Too simple?

Why not just try red and white checkered pattern first? Too simple?

LOLZ, if we were super organized, we would have a placard count-down on keeper ball holding.... 1...2...3... etc LOL

Now that would be amazing!!!

Yes, the leaf...

Do you have an accurate seating chart with all of the rows / aisles / seats ? It should be easy enough to overlay an actual Canadian flag over a detailed floor / seating plan in Photoshop, and then cut / assign all of the placards individually.

Then stack them in groups ahead of time, so someone can just go along and set them on the seat...

You probably have this already all thought out I am sure :)

(The best bet would be an actual south end aerial shot, then associated with seating chart, and then overlay the flag in photoshop, adjust, cut, and voila)

Let me know if you need assistance in laying this stuff out... I could come down early on Saturday and help if you wish????

I don't think we need to cut anything. It will be really pixelated. May not even be possible with only 20 rows.

I'll get a seating chart tomorrow.

Pick the edges that are red/white and have those by row. The rest is easy.

Oh I didn't mean actually cut... I just meant cut as in adjust the image within Photoshop for the overlay.

Ouch 20 rows, that might not even be possible......

Are you thinking of actually defining the inner leaf and printing those edges separately or just doing a block / pixelated leaf? IE: antialiased or pixelated?

Like below....

post-132189-139465254879_thumb.jpg

This is 20 seats high... not sure about width, but it would require more work...

post-132189-13946525488_thumb.jpg

It's probably about 40+ wide....

Edited by faidwen

This is 20 seats high... not sure about width, but it would require more work...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]912[/ATTACH]

It's probably about 40+ wide....

we are talking 20x 180ish

There there are the stairs, and accessible seating areas.

Damn you BMO for being so "short"...

The width can be adjusted with more white space, and more red outers...

It might be easier to spell out CANADA... but then again, if there are holes... it will look like _crap_!

I don't think the seating arrangement of the south-end is great for complicated card arrangements; plus I think you might have to contend with the randomness of people sitting/standing (who is planning on going to their actual seat#? section yes).

A checkered or stripe pattern would probably be more likely if less cool.

It can be pretty hard organizing a good tifo presentation when there are a lot of random newbie people in a section especially when it has a complicated image like a Maple Leaf. And as cool as good tifos are when they fail they are terrible and can be pretty embarrassing especially with the likelihood that a video will end up on Youtube. If you are going to do it you need to make sure you have enough experienced people helping and in the area where it is going to be done. If you are going to spend a lot of money on it, it might be better to just buy a giant Canadian flag like they pass around at the hockey games during the anthem. Not as cool as a well done tifo but not much chance that people can screw it up and it could be reused for other games.

I wonder if the fact that people will stroll in late will hurt us? What If we did "strong and free" on a white backdrop or some other text? Would text be easier to pull off? I was in Green Bay for Veterans Day two years ago and they did this. It was pretty cool.

Anyway I'm glad to help. The packers staff put the card in a plastic wrap and taped it to the seats as a weather fail safe.

I wonder if the fact that people will stroll in late will hurt us? What If we did "strong and free" on a white backdrop or some other text? Would text be easier to pull off? I was in Green Bay for Veterans Day two years ago and they did this. It was pretty cool.

Anyway I'm glad to help. The packers staff put the card in a plastic wrap and taped it to the seats as a weather fail safe.

That's what we were going to do as well.

The problem too is a lot of people will be late, as we are expecting traffic nightmare. It should.. should... clear by then, but no guarantee.

It's turned into mini flags and big flags.