Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Apologies for my absence

April was a tough month, I was very sick and ended up in the hospital a couple of times. I'm more of a secret agent when it comes to my personal life.. but this requires some explanation. Aside from flu/pneumonia, I appear to have had a minor stroke, where I couldn't move the left side of my body. This landed me in and out of the hospital for a bit. While we don't know the cause, I can type again, but I doubt I will ever play soccer again. Lots more test to go, but I feel fine and I am getting back on track.

All tickets for June 2nd have been shipped.

Membership packages & Gold Cup next on the list.

Edmonton game against Costa Rica I suppose has suffered the most. A mad scramble to do what I can before the game remains.

Thanks for your patience.

I will leave you with a juicy note that sources close to the small but still burning ember in the soul of Canadian soccer inform me that a very interesting and different 'hire' is on the horizon.

Hey... what could go possibly go wrong?

That's very unfortunate. I wish you nothing but the best in the coming weeks and hope you get better as soon as possible!

Good to hear that there could be a new manager in before the Gold Cup!

If you were "on a provincial holiday" (that is to say, in jail) just come out and say it. Quiet sure nobody around here (well, almost nobody around here) will hold it against you. We're not that sort of a crowd.

Otherwise....YIKES.

Breath. Re-lax. Maybe try sleeping for a couple of hours every day. Yes, that's right. Every day. Might need to adjust your habits to do that but its well worth the effort.

I mean, Geezus, if you're going to have a stoke at least save it for the next round of WCQers. I am.

Take care. Mind yourself, lad.

Guest Future CanWNT

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Feel better, get well. Like others have stated, health and family first.

Remember, we're here for you like a family, so if you ever require help or assistance, please do not hesitate to ask!!!!!!

Wow. I am sorry to hear that Jaime.

Your tireless dedication and commitment to the Voyageurs was dearly missed. Glad to have you back.

Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Hey Victor, see what you're incompetence is doing to people. Now smarten up and hire a national coach. Jeez, relax. I'm just kidding. Well, sorta.

Seriously, get well soon my fellow Voyageur. All the best.

Edited by Robert