Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Plaque for Stalteri

What do we want to do here? Just a "congratulations on your stunning career" plaque? Mail it to him?

I remember we were going to give him a plaque for his beating the career caps record. Did that ever happen?

What do we want to do here? Just a "congratulations on your stunning career" plaque? Mail it to him?

I remember we were going to give him a plaque for his beating the career caps record. Did that ever happen?

We'll do both now.

It's a lot easier with some money in the bank to just do stuff. We haven't sold that many memberships... but it really helps.

Let's brainstorm on it, and come up with a format to follow.

Sorry. Been "off line" quite a bit lately. (What? Life gets busy).

Would love to send the man an embroidered cap, you know, a novelty that'll stand out in the trophy case from his antagonists over at the Vs. Could look into it with some of the local custom embroiders here in The 'Peg to see what's doable if that doesn't sound like too stupid an idea. Might not be practical but worth seeing into.

Otherwise a plaque. Top rate trophy shop is up the street.

Delivery logistics will need to be worked on but I'm game.

Man deserves a CSA testimonial match imo. I remember how bummed I was that Jason Devos was walking off the pitch after his last meaningful WCQ in Vancouver and he didn"t even get an applause. Sometimes I wish we could do something more meaningful for these guys.

Wasn't there a plaque done up for Paul a few years ago that Razcle (I think it was him) had made? That was for the number of caps won, I believe.

Anyways, whatever you guys decide on, I'd be willing to throw in a few dollars extra for the cause.

Maybe we can have a Voyageurs' player Hall of Fame page. Paul Stalteri might be a good candidate. Add the bios of retired "special" players. Special might be defined as a major contribution to national team(s), major contribution to Canadian soccer, has built a close rapport with Voyageur organization, or some other criteria.

I could see where there might be some controversial "nominations" so the HoF might be more trouble than it's worth but I just thought I'd but it out there.

Maybe we can have a Voyageurs' player Hall of Fame page. Paul Stalteri might be a good candidate. Add the bios of retired "special" players. Special might be defined as a major contribution to national team(s), major contribution to Canadian soccer, has built a close rapport with Voyageur organization, or some other criteria.

I could see where there might be some controversial "nominations" so the HoF might be more trouble than it's worth but I just thought I'd but it out there.

Sounds great.

Just need someone to take it over.

I think this is a great idea about the plaque. I did up the plaque for Radzinski last time, but can't find a photo of it right now. I gave the idea to the trophy people while I was living in Victoria and they came up with the wording. The cost was about $30.00 or so.

I was thinking today that we need to find the photo of Stalteri giving DeVos the finger and have it show him fingering the Mexico flag or something. Maybe not quite that blunt, but something along those lines. (Edit: Like on a T-Shirt or something, not the plaque)

Edited by CanadasBest

Wasn't there a plaque done up for Paul a few years ago that Razcle (I think it was him) had made? That was for the number of caps won, I believe.

Anyways, whatever you guys decide on, I'd be willing to throw in a few dollars extra for the cause.

Jamie currently has the plaque. It came out really nice. Need to find a way to get it over to Paul.

post-2851-139465254897_thumb.jpg