Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Voyageurs membership package

Let it be known that if we are to select one bit of swag from the list for our subscription, I desire a touque.

:)

Hopefully I can BUY it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x10

Here is the current Voyageurs membership package.

$25

Swag

Voyageurs Mission 2015 scarf or Voyageurs Traditional Scarf or Toque

Voyageurs lapel pin

Voyageurs Lanyard ticket holder

Free copy of the CSN - State of The Game - annual publication - Inaugural issue Fall of 2013

Stickers & cards to give to people when they ask you why you are so cool

Certificate of Personal Awesomeness

Website features

Chat room for games & special guest chats

Members content area: graphics, videos, games...

Blogging & content creation privileges (will be switched soon)

Rewards for site participation (some really good reasons to blog and add stuff)

Separate online store with discounts on Voyageurs merchandise, and exclusive Voyageurs items.

Variety of enhanced forum features - complete list when I make the new usergroup

Ticketing

Additional ticket purchase options: Pick Up, shipping options, control over sections.

Priority access to tickets in the hardcore supporters section

Access

Priority access to pre game events & access to event contests via member#

Priority & free access to special events

Invitations to CSA or soccer events in your area (ie Upcoming town hall meeting)

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Sorry I've been away, still heartbroken about the last WCQ match that will not be named...

Anyways, I like this membership. Just wondering, if a local pick up option is a possibility?

Also are there any plans for the CSN to be available in pdf/electronic format?

BTW... if we make the hex during the next round, I will MORE than happily wear this: https://donshobbyshop.ca/sites/default/files/field/image/24743.jpg

Just toss me out front by the corner to harass the opposing teams...

Socceronly, it appears you've change the designation of Senior Member to just Member to those who have paid-up. I guess you are trying to differentiate the status, but it sounds more like a demotion to me. Is it possible to dream up a better designation than just plain member?

Socceronly, it appears you've change the designation of Senior Member to just Member to those who have paid-up. I guess you are trying to differentiate the status, but it sounds more like a demotion to me. Is it possible to dream up a better designation than just plain member?

Hmmm can't you change it to what ever you want? I thought I flipped that switch.

I'll go hunt for it later.

Maybe it should be a full paragraph describing the users awesomeness.

There! All paid up. Would have liked to pay earlier, but happy to help nonetheless! Can't wait for all that swag!

Edited by Tarrius

Paid up, was wondering roughly how long before the package is shipped out, I'm out by Vancouver.

I think the packages are just theoretical at this point and haven't actually been put together. I have no idea what the situation is though, that's just my impression.

It may be awhile.

I think the packages are just theoretical at this point and haven't actually been put together. I have no idea what the situation is though, that's just my impression.

It may be awhile.

Thanks, I was sorta thinking that as well. Clarification much appreciated.

I think the packages are just theoretical at this point and haven't actually been put together.

Are you ****ting me? Money has been accepted already based on "you might get something like this"?!?!!

You don't start accepting money without knowing what you are "selling" and having a reasonable idea what it will cost to deliver!

Are you ****ting me? Money has been accepted already based on "you might get something like this"?!?!!

You don't start accepting money without knowing what you are "selling" and having a reasonable idea what it will cost to deliver!

Perhaps by theoretical he simply means that the merch has been conceived of and a cost is known (or at least they have a good estimate) but it still needs to be created to be sent out ... theoretical only in the sense that it doesn't actually exist yet.

Or maybe the powers that be have taken the huge membership windfall that they must now be in possession of and are absconding to some remote island to live out their lives in peace and happiness away from the pain of being a Canadian Soccer Supporter ... and we are just their dupes :)

Perhaps by theoretical he simply means that the merch has been conceived of and a cost is known (or at least they have a good estimate) but it still needs to be created to be sent out ... theoretical only in the sense that it doesn't actually exist yet.

Or maybe the powers that be have taken the huge membership windfall that they must now be in possession of and are absconding to some remote island to live out their lives in peace and happiness away from the pain of being a Canadian Soccer Supporter ... and we are just their dupes :)

Yeah I assume something closer to the former but it does look amateurish to put it politely.

At the risk of saying the 2nd stupidest and most ignorant thing Grizzly has ever read (I'm thinking of starting all my posts with this):

I am not responsible for this. I have no concrete information. This is why I started with "I think...". I was only giving TheKottonmouthed my opinion as to what might be happening. As one of the first people to sign up and pay for something like this, I haven't received anything, so he probably shouldn't expect anything for at least a little while either.

Also, buyer beware. It seemed pretty clear to me that Jamie didn't have packages up and ready to ship out. It's up to you to understand what you are signing up for. It was fairly clear to me. Anyone that was here circa 2006 should know the pitfalls of exchanging money via messageboard.

At the risk of saying the 2nd stupidest and most ignorant thing Grizzly has ever read (I'm thinking of starting all my posts with this):

I am not responsible for this. I have no concrete information. This is why I started with "I think...". I was only giving TheKottonmouthed my opinion as to what might be happening. As one of the first people to sign up and pay for something like this, I haven't received anything, so he probably shouldn't expect anything for at least a little while either.

Also, buyer beware. It seemed pretty clear to me that Jamie didn't have packages up and ready to ship out. It's up to you to understand what you are signing up for. It was fairly clear to me. Anyone that was here circa 2006 should know the pitfalls of exchanging money via messageboard.

ABSOLUTELY... I am just happy to be a part of something as great as the Voyageurs and our passion for the sport in Canada. When / if it all gets put together, it will be just a bonus!!!

As for the money, I am happy to help support the voyageurs regardless of the package, but that being said I believe this post is misleading and should be edited for clarification, by the OP.

It would be a great bonus to get the package as it sounds like a great deal and would be awesome to be able to rep voyageurs gear at university and whitecaps games.

Hopefully the ones who initially were organizing this can help shed light on the situation for everyone's sake.

i signed up because i've seen the work that's been going on to make the voyageurs bigger and better, and it has been awesome so far. the membership package is just a cool bonus.

if you read through this and other related threads, the clear focus has been on organizing things for the cwnt vs. usa match, with the indication that after that, they will move into mission 2015 mode. one of the items to select from is a mission 2015 scarf, which as far as i know is not even designed yet. there has been nowhere to indicate which of the three options you desire as yet, so i'd say there can't really be any expectation to receive a package until at least that happens.

relax, there are good peeps behind this and things will get done.

I also signed up with trust for Jamie, love of Canadian soccer, and little expectation of results.

I haven't been around for long but I'm operating under the assumption that Jamie has been working his ass off for the Voyageurs for quite some time, while operating at a loss, all just for love of soccer. Canadian soccer. I'm happy to donate to his cause, even if it's former to help him out for all the work he has done in the past, as re compensation. Any future benefits like a membership package, ie: scarves would be nice, but I'd consider it a bonus.

relax, there are good peeps behind this and things will get done.

I have no doubts whatsoever re:honesty and effort. I do have concerns for the people doing this going forward and the kind of liability they might be getting themselves into.

We (LSBs) recently made our first t-shirt order and now were are working on scarves as part of our membership package. We had almost no money and several people pooled some cash to pay for the initial scarf order. We are offering a membership card and a scarf, nothing more. We did not and could not start taking money until we knew how much fulfilling the packages would cost and we priced accordingly.

If we have done it right we should have some seed money to go to a second round of t-shirts for more people and we should start being self-funding on annual dues and extra merchandise sales allowing us to start investing in some group tifo.

The Vees membership package is a crazy-huge project and I admire the crew for taking it on via mail for a nation-wide, very loose, supporters club but I would never in a million years have guessed that we were sending money before there was even the slightest clue of what was being included and how it would be distributed.

I'm not gonna start complaining or demanding but somebody will eventually. Without addressing the issue the whole structure could be at risk. I have been involved with many non-profit groups with passionate members. Anything that has the potential to disrupt the fragile harmony we have established should be addressed as quickly as possible.

A simple, clear statement of what IS going to be included (can be added to later) and a rough timeline on delivery needs to be made ASAP.

We (LSBs) recently made our first t-shirt order and now were are working on scarves as part of our membership package.

HARUMPF!!! I want to be an LSB!!!!

Everything was costed out.

But at the very least we had to hit a minimum number of 100 in order for things to be remotely economical.

If it just sat at 20, I would have simply refunded everyone.

April was a totally fcked month and put me behind. (See my post in the Voyageurs forum)

It's all good to go. The only thing that is not ready is a voted on design for the Mission 2015 scarf. Everything from toques to lanyards and even your certificate of awesomeness is being made. We actually have enough memberships (about 140 now) to get to a price point where haveing and additional toque design or a cap makes little cost difference.

The only thing I am uncertain of is if we make a cap, if it changes the shipping given the shape.

Everything was costed out.

I knew it! Clearly I put too much faith in El Hombre knowing the inside story. ;)

Thanks for clarifying and sorry about your health issues.