Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

The ball starts rolling next week. Mission 2015 and taking things to the next level.

Aaaaand one more for good measure (please don't ban me!)

Is Trident still on the boards these days? Him and his buddies were great at that Honduras 2010 match. Also hung out with those guys when I flew out to MTL to watch them beat Santos Laguna at the Big Owe. TFC should take note of how to do that.

I've been a director of a few boards, and I can tell you right now that we would have to be very careful with how that information is presented. The problem stems from people who don't heavily invest their time, but are interested enough to take note when that information is released. That's when you start getting people raising a stink over the dollars and cents, even though the financial management is sound. It comes from a lack of understanding on their part as to why the money is being used like it is.

Don't get me wrong, I also believe full accountability is required, but know that financial matters can cause a lot of issues if they aren't explained properly.

A good point, and certainly careful explanations are a good idea, but surely it's better to see someone raise a stink because of openness than see someone raise a stink because of secrecy?

Detractors to Socceronly's plans are once again appearing. It is being against to us Voyageurs. I say that if anyone is going to talk ill, to simply stay away from this thread. This thread is for positive and innovative thinkers and doers. If anyone wants to be a detractor, start your own thread.

Detractors to Socceronly's plans are once again appearing. It is being against to us Voyageurs. I say that if anyone is going to talk ill, to simply stay away from this thread. This thread is for positive and innovative thinkers and doers. If anyone wants to be a detractor, start your own thread.

I see reasonable concerns and that's about all. I don't think anyone is really being all that negative.

* The depressing comment above I think Jeff was talking about being a minority in the stadium, not these plans.

I've never attended a voyageurs event, only once attended a NT match (WNT - Moncton), but never sat in a supporter's section and yet, I am fully willing to pay a membership fee. It's a very easy way of doing something to help support our teams. I know that money payed to V's will go MUCH FURTHER than any registration fees paid to CSA. Jamie, you sound like a class act and I'm glad you're willing to take the leap to make this happen.

Cheers!

Aaaaand one more for good measure (please don't ban me!)

Is Trident still on the boards these days? Him and his buddies were great at that Honduras 2010 match. Also hung out with those guys when I flew out to MTL to watch them beat Santos Laguna at the Big Owe. TFC should take note of how to do that.

Haven't seen him around.

Anything they can do to get people out, I'll help them.

Detractors to Socceronly's plans are once again appearing. This thread is for positive and innovative thinkers and doers. If anyone wants to be a detractor, start your own thread.

I think at this point nobody is trying to be a detractor. We are just trying to list any and all potential problems just to "cover all the bases"(this metaphor is from the wrong sport!).

This thread has allowed us to weigh the pros and cons of Jamie's vision and it seems to be all the more solid now that we've done so.

So if we have an official membership:

-Should we have a membership card? ID#?

-Should the members be listed on the site for all to see? I would have no objection to this. Some might.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Haven't seen him around.

Anything they can do to get people out, I'll help them.

Great point. As long as you're cheering for Canada, I don't have a problem with you.

@Squizz. Who on the V's board still posts who was in that group in Honduras?

I think at this point nobody is trying to be a detractor. We are just trying to list any and all potential problems just to "cover all the bases"(this metaphor is from the wrong sport!).

This thread has allowed us to weigh the pros and cons of Jamie's vision and it seems to be all the more solid now that we've done so.

So if we have an official membership:

-Should we have a membership card? ID#?

-Should the members be listed on the site for all to see? I would have no objection to this. Some might.

Utilizing this system, it would promote the user to a new usergroup. Maybe some kind of badgey thing on the profile/user pane when they post.

The trouble I see with this if someone wants to buy more than one. Say for them selves and their kid. Not sure how to do both just yet.

I've been a director of a few boards, and I can tell you right now that we would have to be very careful with how that information is presented. The problem stems from people who don't heavily invest their time, but are interested enough to take note when that information is released. That's when you start getting people raising a stink over the dollars and cents, even though the financial management is sound. It comes from a lack of understanding on their part as to why the money is being used like it is.

Don't get me wrong, I also believe full accountability is required, but know that financial matters can cause a lot of issues if they aren't explained properly.

I'm a Chartered Accountant and have served on a NPO boards. I'd be happy to volunteer an help organize this part of the group if you want. PM me and we can talk.

Edited by baulderdash77

Woo accounting

Although my NPO knowledge solely consists of dumping the Handbook onto the applicable UFE questions (albeit successfully I guess), I'd also be happy to help out with any additional stuff if needed.