Sign in to follow this  
Tuscan

Canadian Soccer Podcast: "From The Black Hole"

Myself, Lars Lowther, and our podcast head Rob Notenboom are recording a new Canadian soccer podcast every two weeks. We just finished Episode 2 late last week. You can find it here:

Our first episode can be found here:

Just a little background on things, the name of the podcast, From The Black Hole, references how, to everyone else, Saskatchewan is seemingly the black hole of soccer in Canada. The three of us are wasting our lives here so it seemed to fit nicely. We focus mainly on the national teams as well as MLS and NASL to a lesser degree. We have also debuted the #HashtagChallenge, where the person who tweets the wittiest response to the hashtag we choose wins a 6-pack of beer of their choice (at least for the time being). The first hashtag chosen from our latest episode is #USMNTis, which is in reference to the fact their MLS all-star team they sent out against our national C-team did diddly against us, and they should be worried when it comes to the Hex.

Yes we do as Rob uploaded an mp3 to Youtube to create the Youtube version. pm me your email and I'll pass it on to Rob to get him to send it to you if you'd like.

I don't remember the file sizes but they might be too big to email ... each mp3 is 40+ minutes. I don't have the files at work so I can't check their sizes, however if they are small enough I can certainly email them.

We have been working at other distribution methods as posting to youtube is not the most convenient for people who want to listen or for those of us doing the editing. Specifically, it is an entire set of editing steps to create the video that I would rather not do. In the interim however, it is simple enough and free so it might be youtube for the first little while. With any luck we will be able to change that soon.

What do you need to do to get it on itunes?

You can also upload the file with www.mediafire.com and repost the download link in this thread.

I'd like to listen but I am never in front of a computer long enough to sit and listen to a podcast.

Yes I've looked at mediafire and a couple of other possibilities ... we are doing this all in our free time and I have been up to my eyeballs, hence the reason we don't have something more 'professional' for our distribution method. I suppose there is an irony there as making it as professional as possible would only serve to disguise the fact that we are three guys doing this as a hobby for fun quite literally out of our basements. Given that I think the quality is quite respectable.

Give me a PM and I can try and email you the mp3s tonight. If they are too large I can also reduce the quality a bit to reduce the file size and that might work as well. We hope to have an easier way for people to access this soon, but as I said above it might take some time.

Each episode is over 50mgs full quality, however I have each episode split into 3 parts each and at a lower quality and they come out to around 5 - 7 mgs. I will email them out if anyone wants.

On the .rss feed we were thinking about/working on that but also have other (potentially much better) things in the works as well. No idea how it will pan out and I don't want to say anything about it unless it does so that I don't jinx it. If there's a format change or anything else we will let our adoring fans know ASAP (all 7 of them).

Just stumbled upon this, and checked out the first two episodes...well done, lads! Nice to have a little Sasky flavour out there in the giant world of Canadian Soccer Podcasts!

Keep it up!

Just stumbled upon this, and checked out the first two episodes...well done, lads! Nice to have a little Sasky flavour out there in the giant world of Canadian Soccer Podcasts!

Keep it up!

Thanks for the support. Episode 3 should be out late next week if all goes well. Will tweet you the link if my feeble brain can remember to.