Sign in to follow this  
Califax

Promotions Team

Fellow Vees

I want to assemble a promotions team for the next month to pass out flyers, make some videos and get the word out there about tickets sales. Squizz, DJ Cuse and I (& others) handed out some flyers last time, but this time, with Olympics ahead, we have the chance to feed off of patriotism and get a big push if we get more bodies.

Not looking for a ton of your time, but rather a couple minutes during weekends when you can spare it. Please let me know if you are in the GTA and would like to help out, or if you are outside, your ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks

Same here in Saskatoon, I'll put some bucks towards the effort. Also, will posters for the Panama away match be made for us to put up at soccer-related establishments?

Fellow Vees

I want to assemble a promotions team for the next month to pass out flyers, make some videos and get the word out there about tickets sales. Squizz, DJ Cuse and I (& others) handed out some flyers last time, but this time, with Olympics ahead, we have the chance to feed off of patriotism and get a big push if we get more bodies.

Not looking for a ton of your time, but rather a couple minutes during weekends when you can spare it. Please let me know if you are in the GTA and would like to help out, or if you are outside, your ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks

Awesome I was just going to post this.

I am getting posters and flyers ready for this weekend.

Do you already have something to use?

I was going to post BBQ and beer at my place for anyone willing to hand out flyers and put up posters on Saturday pre TFC game.

I could probably post a few up on busy corners in my area (Keele and Finch but I get around).

I could also put together something like a minute and a half video from the last two games (the shorter the video, the better the highlights) if you guys wanted to provide some graphics or writeups. You could post it on your page or I could put it on my channel if you wanted (It's not much but my channels mildly popular, subscription wise it blows but my jaw dropped the other day when I realized I had 100 000 more views (I`m excluding, of course, the one obviously non canadian video) then TFCs...).

Awesome idea guys. And given that we are a national supporters group who communicate primarily over the net, I feel like we need to have someone create an email flyer for a blast and a printed flyer for handing out/ posting in social areas. Two easiest ways to get the word out to show up or watch game. Everyone who loves this team will spread the word, most just need a solid looking message to get out there.

We should have a promotions team do this prior to every Canada event.

Thoughts

Awesome idea guys. And given that we are a national supporters group who communicate primarily over the net, I feel like we need to have someone create an email flyer for a blast and a printed flyer for handing out/ posting in social areas. Two easiest ways to get the word out to show up or watch game. Everyone who loves this team will spread the word, most just need a solid looking message to get out there.

We should have a promotions team do this prior to every Canada event.

Thoughts

I'd like to get some Dundas square pass out days. Do we know if they are doing any olympic viewings like they did for WWC last year? I mean there is still a lot of foot traffic, but if there are any events where they will be showing the game outdoors, then that's an idea. I'm gonna take a look at flyers and if anyone has any that are already mocked up, send em over. I am away this weekend, but the following 3 leading up to the game, I should be around to chuck flyers every which way.

I'm gonna lay out there now. I really want to try our hand with any celebs we can get a ahold of to see if they will simply agree to say "I'm supporting Team Canada for a World Cup" or variants of that . Raptors, Leafs, actors, singers, media whoever. I know this a shot in the dark, but if we can get a form letter and send it out to a lot of people, it would excellent to see what sort of response we get, we could get lucky.

Those are my two ideas for now.

Posters work.

$3.50 cents worth of black and white posters on Liberty st, Atlantic and King & green P lots.

Sold more tickets in three days than the last three weeks.

114 is now sold out.

It's just visual consistency..everyone sees the same thing and gets the same message

"hey there's a soccer game"

hey Canada's playing

hey, there's the price

hey, theres how I can get tickets.

Keep it Simple.

Great work Jamie and everyone involved!

Great message DP. I agree with simple and consistant, given how busy all of us are in our lives outside of the Voyageurs. However I still have not seen a flyer distributed to the membership asking to promote in their place of employment or social circles. Jamie cannot be the only one (although I am sure there are a few others) advertising these games and our involvement within the game. We need the help of the members to reach out across Ontario and pull in the soccer supporters and future voyageurs. The promotions team needs to come up with the media so it can be distributed to the masses.

Maybe something is going on in the background that I don't know about but for everything Jamie is doing, the least we can do is make his life easier by reaching out in our circles and getting him the orders he needs to sell out.

/rant

Great message DP. I agree with simple and consistant, given how busy all of us are in our lives outside of the Voyageurs. However I still have not seen a flyer distributed to the membership asking to promote in their place of employment or social circles. Jamie cannot be the only one (although I am sure there are a few others) advertising these games and our involvement within the game. We need the help of the members to reach out across Ontario and pull in the soccer supporters and future voyageurs. The promotions team needs to come up with the media so it can be distributed to the masses.

Maybe something is going on in the background that I don't know about but for everything Jamie is doing, the least we can do is make his life easier by reaching out in our circles and getting him the orders he needs to sell out.

/rant

Agreed. I'm gonna post some things in the next couple of days. Was away this weekend. My intention wasn't to start a thread and then ignore it til kickoff. Hopefully tomorrow, I'll have some flyers that are of basic nature and we'll plan some dates.

I'm bad with graphics and visual design so if someone could mail something to be photocopied, that'd be great. I don't have a printer but maybe I could get a page printed out somewhere if someone just emailed it.

Posters absolutely MUST go up for the next few home games.

I will be in Vancouver and can't do it.

These really work for us, especially the tear away ones.

I will post some posters this evening people can use.

Thanks,

Jamie

Posters absolutely MUST go up for the next few home games.

I will be in Vancouver and can't do it.

These really work for us, especially the tear away ones.

I will post some posters this evening people can use.

Thanks,

Jamie

Working on one now. Will post in a few