Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Voyageurs' Democary.

Isn't funny how my critism of the CSA always seems to offend and hit a sore spot with the same old group of Voyageurs. Why do they feel compelled to reply, and reply with such acrimony? Is Robert not entitled to voice his opinion on this forum? What's good for the goose ain't so good for the gander. Go ahead and shut this one down too El Hombre. Heaven forbid some uninformed newbie might agree with me.

Yes, I agree we really do need some "Democary" around here.

I'll tell you why Robert, it's because you come on with these absolutely extremist posts that appear borne from moments of complete irrationality. I'll speculate that a vast majority of the board collectively groans when they see yet another one of your tirades show up on here, not just a few of the same.

The most important question Mont Pete can answer in the next little while:

What exactly is the relationship between the Towrads, the Sponsons, and Democary?

Seriously though, you're calling out El Hombre for closing your billionth thread about the same subject? Why couldn't your "letter" to Montagliani have gone in the "oh for eight" thread, or the "ontario newspapers" thread?

If there was a, uh, "democaric" vote on whether or not you were allowed to make topics anymore I'm not sure how pleased you would be with the result.

I'll tell you why Robert, it's because you come on with these absolutely extremist posts that appear borne from moments of complete irrationality. I'll speculate that a vast majority of the board collectively groans when they see yet another one of your tirades show up on here, not just a few of the same.

I acknowledge it for what it is...hilarious.

PS: I cast my vote for the Pitchfork Party if we get an election in this undemocartic society.

Edited by TFCRegina

Is Robert not entitled to voice his opinion on this forum?
Speaking in the third person now? I was right, the friendly will be against Dynamo Schizophrenia.

Seriously Robbi you wonder why people respond to you. My reason, I know I have strong opinions on certain subjects and can be quite serious at times but thankfully you provide fodder for some great comedic material. I think some of my responses to you lately have been some of my better work. Phillip's Bakery FC wugga, wugga, wugga :)

Robbi, I would hardly call some of the responses acrimony (to use your word) It's fun now. In the olden days when you used to litter the site with your profane laden slander, then it was acrimonious, when people took you seriously, but not now.

I'm just wondering if rationality for you kicks in when you see other people responding to your desperate calls for attention. It's not the same people anymore, other people are telling you, you are full of poop. Does this register with you at all or have you convinced yourself you are one against the world. Think about that, that's not how a mentally healthy person should think. Seriously, you might want to talk to someone. No joke.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

At the summit of Mont Pete you may find some Democary...I dunno.

Double-facepalm.jpg

Go ahead and shut this one down too El Hombre.

We agree Robert! El Hombre please oblige him in this. This thread is full of fail with a dash of funny.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Robert, this isn't about democracy, it's about the right to free speech and using that responsibly. Unfortunately, you have overstepped your right by harping on a single position over and over and over again. We get your position with respect to the CSA; and it's been forcefully hammered home. Spamming this board by opening new threads on the same position is not helping your cause and frankly, I don't blame the mods for shutting them down.

Funny. A total demockery. You're entitled to your opinion Robert, but please keep it to yourself.

Speaking for myself only, I would mind a lot less if you didn't make so many redundant threads, and then start new ones complaining about how the last one got closed.

You know Robert, I have spoken to a mod about the treatment you have recieived on some of your other threads, and I am disappointed that there did not seem to be any concern. But on any board, multiple threads on the same issue is considered poor form. It knocks other threads and issues to the back pages before their time and does interfer with the rights of others to have their opinions seen and read. There is very little difference in each of your threads and all of them could have been contained in one.It is about showing respect to other posters - the ones who are not jumping on everything you write and sharing public space reasonably.

I would add the point about the TIMING of all these "over the top" and far reaching diatribes:

We are two games into the semi final round of World cup qualifying. And, we are not eliminated (unlike the past several cycles) at the same period. In fact we are in the thick of it and, at four points, probably where many optimists thought we would be. Personally, I will conceded that a 0-0 draw at home was a bit of downer. But, by and large, even the biggest pessimists must admit that we are in a good position and that our fate is yet to be determined.

Never mind the issues raised or whether we agree with them or not, You expect a certain level of frustration and resulting jabs at the national governing body if we were zero or one point after two games and/or already eliminated once again. But that not the case or that yet to be determined

So what's with all the alarm bells? Clearly its not about soccer (which should obvious to anyone) but rather demonstrating of mindset and objective that has nothing do with soccer. That is why i am surprised that mods haven't swifter action.

Again, "Timing" should tell you everything about the kind of mind we dealing with here.

Edited by Free kick

Is Robert not entitled to voice his opinion on this forum? .

No you aren’t.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to online message boards. No one has the right to contribute; the people who maintain and pay for this forum can ban or silence anyone they want.

No you aren’t.

Freedom of speech doesn't apply to online message boards.

No one has the right to contribute;

The people who maintain and pay for this forum can ban or silence anyone they want.

I was not aware of these Voyageurs Laws, but hey live and learn. Are there any other Laws?

Thanks

I was not aware of these Voyageurs Laws, but hey live and learn. Are there any other Laws?

Thanks

...a server is private property, they're not "Voyageur's Laws", they're just laws. For instance, if you stand up on a bench and start shouting out in a mall, you can be asked to leave because it's not public property. It has an owner. Same for this website.

How is this a complicated concept?

...a server is private property, they're not "Voyageur's Laws", they're just laws. For instance, if you stand up on a bench and start shouting out in a mall, you can be asked to leave because it's not public property. It has an owner. Same for this website.

How is this a complicated concept?

Not complicated at all. You made it abundantly clear.

Thanks

Glad you learned something new

here-to-help.jpg

Just to be clear....

I don't consider myself the 'owner' of this forum or the Voyageurs.

I just do this on behalf all those who support Canada.

Could it be done better? Yes. And I hope to rectify that over the coming months in many different forms.

I have only ever removed, I think, two threads on this forum and both were at the vehement behest of lawyers.

We remove spam and close inappropriate threads. If the poster gets "attacked" for a controversial post, we will step in if it gets out of hand. If on the same thread the original poster continues to argue his/her post, we will let people respond. Free speech, right?

Free speech does have some limitations. You can't post racist, homophobic, religious, or moronic messages that would incite violence or ridicule. We will let people have their opinion, and let others address the posts. If the poster of offending opinion still doesn't get the hint, we (MODS) reserve the right to close or allow the thread to continue.

Robert buddy, you're a passionate soccer fan, but if you'd like to complain about the CSA -- write to them. But if you don't address them with respect, how can you expect the same for you? BTW, not everyone on this board is a fan of the CSA and "Mount Pete". But frankly it's been better since Mr. Pipe has left.

I have only ever removed, I think, two threads on this forum and both were at the vehement behest of lawyers.

This i'd love to hear more about.

As for Robert, i have a sneaking suspicion he starts a lot of these threads in the middle of his admitted crack/coke binges. They are always chock full of typos, as if he is in such a hurry to post that crystal clear point that makes so much sense at the time. If anyone has ever spent time sober around people high on cocaine you'll notice that they just ramble on about such non-sensical crap, but they say it as if they've found a cure for cancer. If you do a couple of lines yourself you're right in the middle of the conversation and know exactly what they mean and all of a sudden you're brothers-in-arms and no one has ever understood you the way they do. My guess is this is where Robert is coming from.