Obinna

Tosaint Ricketts

6 hours ago, jordan said:

Team of the week honors after a two goal performance.

Glad to hear he is doing well.  Would have been nice to see him as an early ambassador for CPL, but can't blame someone for wanting to maximize their income - especially in the latter part of their career.  

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Glad to hear he is doing well.  Would have been nice to see him as an early ambassador for CPL, but can't blame someone for wanting to maximize their income - especially in the latter part of their career.  

I think that's what makes the move for De Jong so special.  Many players moved to CPL to benefit themselves and get their career on track.  De Jong is getting older but him and a few other players definitely had opportunities for more money elsewhere, but have made the switch for the benefit of the league and Canadian soccer in general.

7 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I think that's what makes the move for De Jong so special.  Many players moved to CPL to benefit themselves and get their career on track.  De Jong is getting older but him and a few other players definitely had opportunities for more money elsewhere, but have made the switch for the benefit of the league and Canadian soccer in general.

Isn't De Jong still getting his MLS salary?

11 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Don't know if he does.  Perhaps motives weren't as I first expected 😑

4 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

Even if he is, no doubt he could find a different team that paid more than CPL.

21 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Excellent for Tosaint. He always answered the bell when called for Canada and was disappointed he didn’t see the pitch more for TFC as the super speedy sub.  Maybe he returns in a year or two and finishes his career in the CPL.  

I know the level is low, but at what point does he get a national team recall if he keeps pounding goals in?

They are the champions of Lithuania, so presumably they get a shot at Europa league next season.

I would think he'd have to at least in the convo for LON if he is their leading scorer and they are doing well in Europa league qualifying.

32 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I know the level is low, but at what point does he get a national team recall if he keeps pounding goals in?

They are the champions of Lithuania, so presumably they get a shot at Europa league next season.

I would think he'd have to at least in the convo for LON if he is their leading scorer and they are doing well in Europa league qualifying.

I think they start in the Champions League.. beat APOEL and lost to Red Stat last year 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Sorry, Ricketts had his chance (too many of them) and he never delivered. I say he steps aside and lets the new young kids have their shot. Will always be thankful for his service to Canada, but its time to move on from players like him.

2 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

Sorry, Ricketts had his chance (too many of them) and he never delivered. I say he steps aside and lets the new young kids have their shot. Will always be thankful for his service to Canada, but its time to move on from players like him.

Dwayne DeRosario

Dale Mitchell

John Catliff

Tosaint Ricketts

He may indeed be done with the NT, and he has many flaws, but delivering was never one of them.