Sign in to follow this  
strobe_z

New fantasy crest for the CSA

With all the love that's been pouring out over the simple old-school maple leaf on our Centenary kits, I was inspired to put this together...

newcsa.jpg

Comments welcome

Nice of AW to point that out. We always seem to try to have the maple leaf stand behind the ball... and I tried that, but honestly the semi-unique shape of the umbro-retro-kit-inspired leaf made it hard to have the ball in front. It was either too small, or cut off enough of the leaf that it wasn't clear it was a maple leaf.

Then I thought... jeez... this is the Canada crest. Let's make the ball hide behind the freakin' maple leaf for once... and there you go~

btw Ted... that is one sweet Lake Side Buoys crest... ;)

Don't suppose you could get my hands on a HQ Victoria Highlanders one so I could lift that celtic pattern and give it a fantasy go?

btw Ted... that is one sweet Lake Side Buoys crest... ;)

Don't suppose you could get my hands on a HQ Victoria Highlanders one so I could lift that celtic pattern and give it a fantasy go?

Hey, I thanked you here you talented SOB and the offer still stands for some sort of linky-advert on the webpage.

I don't have any hi-res copies of the Highlanders crest (I just ripped one off the website to make LSB wallpapers.) Of course, I'm not terribly impressed with the crest as I find the celtic swirl a little over-done. I'd rather see a claymore impaling a ball like the Evil Empire badge from the Star Trek Mirror Universe. But that's just me.