Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Voyageurs toque - What style?

Ok, making a Voyageurs toque. Personally I would go for a Bob & Doug style toque that will look unique in the stands instead of the slicker looking style.

But up to you guys.

No Cuff--- No Pom Pom

Cuff ----- No Pom Pom

No Cuff --- with pom pom

Cuff -- with pom pom.

I think the Cuff + Pom Pom is the most 'Canadian' looking one. Like the Olympic Canada toque you see there. That has a cuff and a pom pom.

Just do a google search for Toque and you will see them all.....

I say no pom-pom since we presumably want this to be something that can be worn fashionably, not just look Canadian. It's not like we'll be wearing these at a match in the middle of summer, after all.

I say no pom-pom since we presumably want this to be something that can be worn fashionably, not just look Canadian. It's not like we'll be wearing these at a match in the middle of summer, after all.

Actually, part of the point was to wear in the summer....

Set ourselves apart... we could use something to do that.

No, I'll wear this in the 35 degree heat down in Cuba if it's ready in time :)

pom-pom for me is necessary. But it makes summer wearing really silly; but I dont think I could put anything on my head in the summer because its too hot.

Fashion statement: pom-pom is cool; I don't know whats going on on the westcoast - do they even know what cold is? Traditional is where people are at. Ear flaps or tassle and pom-pom is the biggest winner, but it is not an option. Again, not useful for the summer! haha.

Actually, part of the point was to wear in the summer....

Set ourselves apart... we could use something to do that.

It would be a great chance to sell tickets to the paramedics treating us all for heat stroke!

I'm with Stuart or a pom-pom with cuff.

+1. It can't be the round pom-pom though; it has to be the one like on this traditional Voyageur design:

mn001004.jpg

"Folded over" like the one in Stuarts picture makes sense to me.

5996-IMG_0695.JPG

EDIT: This would also be an ideal time for someone with the computer-skills to do it to make a french version of the Voyageurs logo.

High resolution so it can be transferred to future scarfs or t-shirts would be best. It has to be the same logo design. First person to do this (and post your result here) your tuque is on me!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

+1. It can't be the round pom-pom though; it has to be the one like on this traditional Voyageur design:

mn001004.jpg

"Folded over" like the one in Stuarts picture makes sense to me.

5996-IMG_0695.JPG

EDIT: This would also be an ideal time for someone with the computer-skills to do it to make a french version of the Voyageurs logo.

High resolution so it can be transferred to future scarfs or t-shirts would be best. It has to be the same logo design. First person to do this (and post your result here) your tuque is on me!

No need, it's already being done.

Sourcing is an issue.

I will dig around for something like it, but right now the best deal we can get is a pom pom / cuff free hat which keeps us from looking like hipsters and knobs.

Sourcing is an issue.

I will dig around for something like it, but right now the best deal we can get is a pom pom / cuff free hat which keeps us from looking like hipsters and knobs.

Great idea. The pom pom is a close second.

hmmmm..

I was looking at $10 for hat and embroidery and setup. This is hand knitted and 2.5 times the price alone. It would not be cheap.

I doubt you'd find anything with good quality that would be that cheap unless we can find a pattern and someone to knit them up for us. Everyone start asking your Granma's!!