Sign in to follow this  
Robert

WIN A COPY OF MY BOOK "Westcoast Reign"

How? Correctly predict the standings of Canada's semi-final group after two rounds of matches.

Here is my prediction (just as an example):

--------- W - D - L - GF - GA -- PTS

Canada -- 2 - 0 - 0 -- 2 --- 0 --- 6

Panama -- 0 - 2 - 0 -- 0 --- 0 --- 2

Honduras - 0 - 1 - 1 -- 0 --- 1 --- 1

Cuba ----- 0 - 1 - 1 -- 0 --- 1 --- 1

Six numbers to guess for each country. Twentyfour numbers to guess in total.

Each correct number is worth one point. The entry with the most points wins.

One entry per Voyageur. Must be posted before June 1, 2012. No edits may be

made to posts after May 31, 2012, or that entry will be discarded. Good Luck.

Edited by Robert

It has been 54 days since I started this thread and there has not been single reply. Due to this total lack of interest I have decided to cancel the competition and withdraw the offer of a free book. You can't win em all.

I think you advertised this thread the wrong way. Suggest a new thread called WCQ Pool Predictions and people will respond.

Westcoast Reign Book Launch

Tuesday, April 10, 7:00 p.m.

Level 3 Meeting Room, Central Library, 350 West Georgia Street, Vancouver

Admission is free. Seating is limited. All are welcome.

Westcoast Reign: the British Columbia Soccer Championships, 1892-1905

Westcoast Reign gives a historical account of the early days of soccer in British Columbia, spanning the period from 1888 to 1905. The first players and organizers came from all walks of life; miners, indigenous people, students, clergymen, sailors and soldiers. They are introduced chronologically, as are the fields they played on and the modes of transportation that were used to get to these venues. The game quickly emerged as a popular pastime and practitioners in Nanaimo organized the first provincial association in 1891. However, this governing body's dictatorial rule did not go over well with enthusiasts in other parts of the province and their growing frustrations eventually resulted in a political power struggle of mutinous proportions.

Downtown Eastside historian Robert Janning has had a life-long passion for soccer. Janning’s new book, Westcoast Reign gives a unique historical perspective of British Columbia as seen through the lens of soccer.

The book launch will be held at 7:00 p.m., on Tuesday, April 10, in the Level 3 Meeting Room of the Central Library, 350 West Georgia Street. This will be an opportunity to meet a resident from a community more commonly known for its struggles rather than its accomplishments. The author will share about his personal background, discuss what motivated him to write the book, and read selected passages from Westcoast Reign.

In appreciation of the local media’s interest and support, every newspaper, radio and television broadcaster represented at the launch by an accredited journalist will receive one complimentary copy of Westcoast Reign.

For further information please visit http://www.ballboypress.ca

Written enquiries may be sent to soccerbook@hotmail.com

That's great you guys. Thanks for your support and in appreciation there of I will raffle off a copy of the book for all the non-media people that show up.