Sign in to follow this  
Trillium

CSA 2011 Elections should the Voyageurs have a position on who is running !!!!

I would think we can all agree most Voyageurs want reform at the CSA, and that we know the delays in reform of the structure to 2015 are part of a rear guard battle to stop change at the CSA.

Given that is it important to comment on who is running for executive positions on the CSA in the May 13th AGM being held in Montreal ?

I understand at least one outside the old boys network candidate has withdrawn his name from running... one wonders why ?

From my personal experience I would hope that Ontario does not cast its votes for any of the current candidates, including John Knox a former Ontario Soccer Association President, to much of what he has done or more accurately not done at the CSA.... removes any vallue for casting votes to him, and a non-vote would send the message he and his ilk are no longer going to be supported just because they run.

Any comments from other parts of the country ? I understand BC is supporting a less then effective candidate, because they fear his return to the BC association and the disruption it would bring.... any insights ?

What of Saskatchewans candidate... should she be elected ?

I'm curious as to who has dropped out? I think Jeanette Kuc should be elected, she is well known as a reform supporter and has struck me as an intelligent woman who also has the undeniable advantage of not being connected to the old boys. It would be a travesty if Traficante is re-elected, Montagliani is clearly a political opportunist with no vision for the game in Canada - send him back to B.C. please!

I'm curious as to who has dropped out? I think Jeanette Kuc should be elected, she is well known as a reform supporter and has struck me as an intelligent woman who also has the undeniable advantage of not being connected to the old boys. It would be a travesty if Traficante is re-elected, Montagliani is clearly a political opportunist with no vision for the game in Canada - send him back to B.C. please!

I understand Bill Boyle withdrew his nomination for Director-at-Large.

No change in what I reported in the other thread on current 'betting' favourites. Montagliani, Reed, MacLean and Millien.

I understand Bill Boyle withdrew his nomination for Director-at-Large.

No change in what I reported in the other thread on current 'betting' favourites. Montagliani, Reed, MacLean and Millien.

Voting eligibility will be interesting. It seems M. Maestracci is personally still refusing to recognize the new ASA Board and frantic efforts are being made to suspend the ASA prior to the AGM. One can only hope that the CSA Board will have had enough of his machinations and put a stop to this ridiculous situation.