Sign in to follow this  
El Hombre

Project: Plaque/Trophy for Atiba Hutchinson

Hey Cheeta, I don't think that is necessary. We hope to be complete by the Ecuador friendly, so things will be all square by then. I think we are only $49 away from full funding so maybe save it up for next years award.

Update: We are now $21 Away from the cost price of the Plaques

I will donate a few dollars. I should be in Toronto on Wednesday. Is there somebody I can give it to?

Masster. Thanks for the offer, however Lord Bob sent the last $21 so we are covered! Thanks to all for your support. Now lets get this done.

Can you guys up pics of the plaques once they are in your possession? I never did get to see Tomasz's plaque we gave in Edmonton.

I think the font might look a little better engraved than on the page. The apostrophes in Diesel's plaque look ridiculous though.

Other than that, minor grammatical quibbles:

* The semi-colons after the city names for Stalteri's caps seem random.

* It's "Voyageurs Player of the Year", not "The Voyageurs Player of the Year", no?

* Perhaps we should mention that Hutch was Voyageurs Men's Player of the Year (he didn't beat out Sinclair, after all!)

* Do we want a relatively informal term like "caps" on a plaque? Perhaps "appearances" would be better.

Sorry to nitpick, but I want this to be brilliant.

Hey Dude...unless we are going to make another set, these are signed, sealed and delivered tomorrow morning. I was given the previously "agreed" text from MSerson a while ago so I assumed that the text was already complete. I hope we can survive with it.

Hey Dude...unless we are going to make another set, these are signed, sealed and delivered tomorrow morning. I was given the previously "agreed" text from MSerson a while ago so I assumed that the text was already complete. I hope we can survive with it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was an "input" thing rather than a "this is what we're doing" thing. Fair enough.

It's all good, don't worry about it. I had nothing to do with writing up the text for the plaques. I was only the braun for this operation because I knew a guy that would do it for ca$h at cost. A smart project manager would have put the text up for debate even a second time to ensure it was "Brilliant". It's unfortunate life has to get in the way of football.

Ok a little bit of an issue that maybe needs some clarification. If you look at the Atiba plaque. It states V's POTY for 2011. However this award is for his efforts in 2010.

However if you look at Loyola's Voting thread, http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?41303-Voyageurs-Player-of-the-Year-2011 it is called POTY 2011 in the heading and International POTY 2010 in the text. Also the V's POTY for females thread was for 2011.

So hopefully the plaque is correct, please let me know ASAP if there is an issue.

Ok a little bit of an issue that maybe needs some clarification. If you look at the Atiba plaque. It states V's POTY for 2011. However this award is for his efforts in 2010.

However if you look at Loyola's Voting thread, http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?41303-Voyageurs-Player-of-the-Year-2011 it is called POTY 2011 in the heading and International POTY 2010 in the text. Also the V's POTY for females thread was for 2011.

So hopefully the plaque is correct, please let me know ASAP if there is an issue.

It is awkward and a mistake but I don't think it's a big deal. The plaque is being awarded to him half way through 2011, next year we hand out the 2012 award. A couple of years from now it will be a quirky little thing about the award.

First-class, Razcle. Thanks for going through the trouble. Hopefully there are good pictures of them being awarded at the press conference for guys like me to steal.