Sign in to follow this  
El Hombre

Project: Plaque/Trophy for Atiba Hutchinson

What We Need: Plaque or trophy commemorating Atiba Hutchinson as the Voyageurs Player of the Year.

When We Need It By: Gold Cup.

Specifications: I was looking for a threads on past POTY awards but couldn't find one. I'll keep looking and post a link here. Pretty sure it was just a plaque or something simple.

Any volunteers?

Good Idea, I say go for the plaque. Have Jamie message me if we need some funds to make this happen.

We seriously have no Volunteers to make this happen? Funds are available for it. We just need someone to set it up. Step-up people! It can't be hard, someone just needs to take project lead and we can all help with design or lettering or whatever else.

We seriously have no Volunteers to make this happen? Funds are available for it. We just need someone to set it up. Step-up people! It can't be hard, someone just needs to take project lead and we can all help with design or lettering or whatever else.

I've sent an email to a local shop in Ottawa where I live requesting a quote. However after doing a bit of research on some online stores the cost for these things can be quite high, as in $150-$250. What's the budget for this and the Stalteri plaque?

Here's what I sent in terms of text.

Award 1

Attached logo

"The Voyageurs, Canadian soccer supporters, award this plaque to Paul Stalteri in recognition of his becoming the all-time leader in caps for Canada's Men's National Soccer Team

First Appearance : Toronto, Ontario; Canada vs. Iran, August 17, 1997

Record-breaking 83rd Appearance : Montreal, Quebec; Canada vs. Honduras, September 7, 2010"

Award 2

Attached logo

"The Voyageurs, Canadian soccer supporters, award this plaque to Atiba Hutchinson in recognition of his being selected as The Voyageurs Player Of The Year for 2011"

Also I'd need the AI file of the logo.

I just dropped a message to a supplier to see if 250-300 is good. What size of plaque are we going with and what is the layout going to look like. If someone can mock up a sketch I can ensure I am getting a quote for the same thing. Is there an image on it? Is our crest on it? Ect. In this case a picture would tell 1000 words.

I just dropped a message to a supplier to see if 250-300 is good. What size of plaque are we going with and what is the layout going to look like. If someone can mock up a sketch I can ensure I am getting a quote for the same thing. Is there an image on it? Is our crest on it? Ect. In this case a picture would tell 1000 words.

What I asked for was here.

It would have the logo stamp on the top, "The Voyageurs" underneath that and then the text I posted earlier. I haven't heard anything back yet.

I've got a guy that will do it cost for us. I will send him the details now and see what pricing designs he comes back with. I would like to get this finalized by next Wednesday.

I stumbled across this way too late, I have an awards place that can give discounts, but not at cost. Well done Razcle, thanks for setting this up.

Alright. I will attach the flyer he put up. Basically he said for Cost and no Tax. Check out these and let's figure out what size and what set-up. Do we even like any of these?

scan0003.jpg

Personally I like the award style as opposed to those plaque style. Of those I would go with the one the right, either 9" x 12" or 11" x 15". Round logo on top, "The Voyageurs" underneath and then the text posted earlier. That's just my opinion.

Pretty traditional myself. Not much for the scroll work, etc. Far right. Plain, simple, tastefully understated in my opinion. Not something which demands to catch the eye in Mum's trophy case. Leave the "visual whoring" to the lesser awards.

Accent his name in the engraving, maybe do the same for the Vs and there you are. Perfect.

Good job by the way.

Pretty traditional myself. Not much for the scroll work, etc. Far right. Plain, simple, tastefully understated in my opinion. Not something which demands to catch the eye in Mum's trophy case. Leave the "visual whoring" to the lesser awards.

This is exactly what I would have said if Cheeta had not already said it.

Although I like the the flash and sparkle of some of the awards/plaques that Mserson has presented, it would take a while for us to agree which one best represents the accomplishment. In the best interests of time, do we agree that we should get the RC401G 11X15 (largest one on far right) for both Paul Stalteri and Atiba. I can put the orders in tomorrow and we are looking at like $180 which would be a great deal.

Let me know if you agree and I will get the final sketch made up in the next few days.

I agree with the RC401G design.

Razcle: since I dropped the ball on the original plaque, I'll send you an EMT for the Stalteri plaque? I'll send you a PM shortly.

Wow...You guys in Ottawa must be flush with $$. At this point you are the only two that have stepped up to donate for this. There is a small amount of money available however your gracious generocity will ensure this gets complete.

Wow...You guys in Ottawa must be flush with $$. At this point you are the only two that have stepped up to donate for this. There is a small amount of money available however your gracious generocity will ensure this gets complete.

EMT sent for the Stalteri plaque.

BTW, I think there is money in many places. It's just finding people who have a little bit of money willing to spend it on things such as Canadian soccer.

Not that I want to propagate the idea that those of us in Capital City have a lot of money, I'd love to donate as well. Could we post the various methods of donating money in this thread so that any lurkers can do so if they wish?

If you want to donate: Please send money via EMT or Paypal to Canadian.Voyageurs@gmail.com. Be sure to let me know that you are donating to the plaques for Paul and Atiba. So far the cost should be $178 and with JamboAl & Mserson's donations we are at $129.