Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Voyageurs viewing party coordinators needed - WWC and Gold Cup

Looking for people to organize viewing parties for the upcoming events this summer.

Each event should include:

• Venue vetted for both being able to play the game and have sound.
  • Host the Mission 2014 banner, it will be moving around (with sharpies that don't run in the rain :eek:)
  • Having a few Voyageurs T-shirts, Scarves on hand to sell
  • Permission to sell stuff in the bar/venue
  • Laying out reasonable expectations for the venue (there will be a difference between an early mid week WWC game and the evening Gold Cup final we are going to win)

If they are willing to put up a Canada/Voyageurs scarf in the bar we will give them one.

Thoughts... more... less... ?

I guess it depends if there's Vs at every Canada game, and if someone is willing to transport it with them?

Is more than one host per city/province acceptable? I'd throw my hat in the ring but if there are any games during work hours during the week I wouldn't be able to make it (most likely), and a host not being there to host doesn't really work now, does it.

Also, do we have perhaps a single page sheet we could hand to the owner/GM of the venue that has a breakdown of what we'd expect from the venue and an explanation of who we are, etc...?

Is more than one host per city/province acceptable? I'd throw my hat in the ring but if there are any games during work hours during the week I wouldn't be able to make it (most likely), and a host not being there to host doesn't really work now, does it.

Also, do we have perhaps a single page sheet we could hand to the owner/GM of the venue that has a breakdown of what we'd expect from the venue and an explanation of who we are, etc...?

Promo material is coming, as facilities are starting to agree to carry it for us there is a reason to make it now.

Jamie, could you further define some of the points you originally listed such as laying out reasonable expectations for the venue?

Jamie, could you further define some of the points you originally listed such as laying out reasonable expectations for the venue?

What I don't want to have happen is someone sets something up with a bar in Winnipeg and tells them we are going to have 100 people for a 10:00am midweek kickoff.

I can most definitely be a host in Waterloo for a night or weekend game. I could talk to the bar our KW TFC chapter meets at regularly. Great little Irish spot that could host 100 and always has spots open for footie.

I can most definitely be a host in Waterloo for a night or weekend game. I could talk to the bar our KW TFC chapter meets at regularly. Great little Irish spot that could host 100 and always has spots open for footie.

Fantastic!

I know it seems early, but time will catch up with us fast. Talk to them about it and see what they say. The main thing is that there are no collisions with obviously big events, but we won't know that until we have more dates.

Let me know, and we can start making a list.

Where is this bar and when do you meet? Might be nice to meet a few more local footie fans.

Where is this bar and when do you meet? Might be nice to meet a few more local footie fans.

Hey munseahawk. Thanks for posting. We have a Red Patch Boys chapter called the KW Company and we set-up shop at Failites Irish Pub in downtown Waterloo. Meeting are most Wednesday's where we discuss TFC and everything else footie. There are about 25 official members and another 20-30 who just like to hang out for pints and laughs. Feel free to come out one night. PM me if you want more details or email razcle (@) aol.com, and I will give you the low down.

For those of you who don't know me yet, my name is Matt Serson, I'm one of the owners of Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub & Restaurant (east location) in Ottawa. We'd definitely be willing to host viewing parties for some games. We do have other events during the week; karaoke from 9pm-2am on Wednesdays, trivia from 7pm-9pm on Thursdays and live music on weekends from 10pm-2am. However we don't have live music from late June to late August. If there's no conflict with our existing weekly events we could offer our venue; seating for up to 150, a 10' big screen, a sound system linked to the TVs. As for the specifics Jamie mentioned;

- Play the game and have sound; for sure if it doesn't conflict with the above.

- Host the banner; for sure.

- Sell Ts and scarves; for sure, if someone is willing to do it great, if not I could probably do it.

- Permission to sell; for sure.

- Laying out reasonable expectations; no problem, if it's 5 people awesome, if it's 50 people great!

- Willing to put up a scarf; for sure, I need a new one anyway cause I gave mine away at the Greece game last month.

About my pub;

Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub & Restaurant

1151 Ogilvie Road

Ottawa, Ontario

www.gracies.ca/east

I've checked the schedule for both events. For the WWC there shouldn't be any conflicts with our already schedule events but there is one QF scheduled for 1pm local which we couldn't show because that would 7am EST. As for the GC there are a couple games scheduled for Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays that may conflict but the times and teams haven't been released yet.

If anybody has any questions let me know.

So the only games we won't be able to show at Gracies are the one QF at the WWC and the second SF at the GC. Everything else consider it done. As we get closer we can work out some details.

Matt, how easy is it to get to your Gracie's by bus?

I think we'd made the Georgetown our de facto home base over the last couple years because it is centrally located and easy to get to. If Grace O'Malley's east can provide that too then I could see that being useful.

Also, say I want to organize a viewing party for next weekend's TFC vs. VWFC game, how likely is it that you can show the game at 6:30pm on a saturday? I'd actually like to set this up.

We're a short walk from the Cyrville bus station which is one stop east of St. Laurent on the Transitway. Here's a link to a Google Map;

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

As for next Saturday for sure! I was going to have it on the big screen anyway. I'll be working and our bartender is also a huge footy fan who's been to a couple Canada and TFC games with me.

That link didn't work. From the Cyrville station walk north on Cyrville to Cummings Ave. Turn right on Cummings and walk to Ogilvie Rd. Turn right on Ogilvie Rd and we're on the left. It's about a 10 minute walk.

Use Google maps to find directions from the Cyrville Station to 1151 Ogilvie Road.