Sign in to follow this  
Robert

Robert's Book.

On several occasions in the past I have made mention of working on a book that I have recently finished writing. Westcoast Reign is a historical narrative that examines the early days of soccer in British Columbia. The period of time this book covers spans from 1888 to 1905. Westcoast Reign examines the teams and players of that era, the fields that matches were played on and the modes of transportation used to get to these venues. It provides a detailed, year by year account of how soccer evolved in this province, focusing on the challenges that confronted the game and how these were dealt with. An annual statistical section is featured at the conclusion of each chapter, which show the results of matches in all of the various competitions.

The main theme of Westcoast Reign centres on the Grand Challenge Cup of the Nanaimo Football Association, a trophy that from 1892 till 1904 was emblematic of the provincial soccer championship. This magnificent silver cup was commissioned by a group of Nanaimo footballers, who presented it to the British Columbia Football Association, when the game’s governing body was formed in 1891. The gift came with a couple of strings attached, as the Nanaimo benefactors insisted on having the final match of each competition played in the Coal City, which is where they also demanded that every annual general meeting be held. The unjust favouritism of these conditions towards clubs from the mining region would subject the competition to a never-ending procession of controversies. Ultimately, the BCFA’s unwillingness to extend the consideration necessary for other clubs to compete on a level playing field led to their withdrawal and the formation of a new provincial football association.

I am currently try to draft up a proposal for and agent. What I would like is to find out how many Voyageurs have been active on this forum in the last six months. I would be very grateful to anyone could who could hel[p.

What I would like is to find out how many Voyageurs have been active on this forum in the last six months.

According to the advanced member search function on this site, there are 637 different members who have posted something to these forums in the last six months. You can search for more detailed breakdowns via that page as well.