Sign in to follow this  
Razcle

Project Proposal: A collection of experiences/memories at Canada matches

I would love to see on this site a section (and maybe it is only a seperate forum section) that is available for people to discuss their memories and experience of watching Canada live in the stadium. Now I have only attended a dozen games to watch Canada, but some of memories I read about from time to time in different threads always put a smile on my face.

This wouldn't be a thread for discussion on where the game can be streamed or analysis of what the results mean (as we have the game threads for that) but more of what did you feel while you were at this game, where were you seated, what did it feel like to be the first to witness the events that unfolded, and amature images of significance.

Again I am not sure how this would be set-up and if it could be moderated to get rid of unnecessary comments, but I would love to read about what the Canada Mexico game at Varsity stadium in 2000 was like and what the few V's that traveled to Argentina, Venezula, Poland, Ukraine, Macedonia, Estonia, Los Angelas, ect felt like walking into stadiums that were full of support for the opposite team at their home venue.

Can anyone put something like this together? I would love to share my memories of Toronto, Montreal, Columbus and I think it would be timeless as old V's remember games played in years past.

Yeah I like this idea as well. Make a thread for each game and then people can just post their "stories" from the match

I like the greentext format for storytelling. I'll start.

> Canada vs Peru

> Be in 113

> See Canadian-Peruvians supporting Peru

> Some people around me chanting "show us your passport"

> Feel uneasy

> Guy two rows down talking to someone else "I don't agree with this. It's a bit too statist"

> + some other smart **** about cultural liberty

> Feel good again

Edited by ssk