Sign in to follow this  
Razcle

2010 Voyageurs Christmas Card Thread

So have we decided if we're going to get the addresses from the CSA, cause especially for the guys who are not in season the odds of them getting it if we send it to their club, in a city they may not live in during the off season, is very low. I mean last year I just sent them to the clubs, but it would be nice to actually send it to them this year.

I will try and see what I can do. Does anyone have personal contact with the CSA to be able to get addresses?

Who Else am I missing? I will order 115 if we can dig up a few more names that are deserving of a Christmas card or even to a few of the juniors that have potential to make the future squad.

Who Else am I missing? I will order 115 if we can dig up a few more names that are deserving of a Christmas card or even to a few of the juniors that have potential to make the future squad.

Here is a list of players abroad not already mentioned who have played for a Nat team in 2009/10 ... you be the judge.

Nat

Dominic Imhof - FC Tuggen (Swiss 1. Liga Group 3) (3)

U-23

Phil Appiah - Hayes and Yeading FC (English Conference) (5)

U-20

Niall Cousens - Hlucin (Czech Druha Liga) (2) on loan from Slavia Praha (Czech Gambrinus Liga) (1)

Andrew Kliment - FC Bohemian Praha (Czech Football Liga) (3)

Mahir Hadziresic - Mlada Boleslav B (Czech Football Liga) (3)

Jordan Santiago - Cardiff City (English Championship) (2) Reserves

James Chalk - Paris St-Germain (France Ligue 1) (1) U19

Abdoulaye Sylla - FC Metz (France Ligue 2) (2) U19

Justin Maheu - Fortuna Dusseldorf (German Bundesliga 2) (2) U19

Fabrice Lassonde - FC Ingolstadt 04 II (German Oberliga Bayern) (5)

Igor Pisanjuk - Szolnoki (Hungarian NB I) (1) on loan from Ferencvaros (Hungarian NB I) (1)

Joseph Costouros - Leixoes SC (Portuguese Liga de Honra) (2) Youth

Mozesh Gyorio - Tampa Bay Rowdies (USL First Division) (2)

U-17

Emmanuel Garcia - Boca Juniors (Argentina Primera) (1) Youth

Caolan Lavery - Ipswich Town (English Championship) (2) U18

Also, I think that sending them to the clubs is fine, at least in europe. I believe Grizzly received some stuff from Lars and I received a card from Marcel de Jong in the past, so I'm sure it gets to them this way. The addresses for the clubs is straightforward to find on their websites, just look for link that says 'contact' or similar. If in doubt, post in here and we'll work it out.

^ Yeah, last year I just got stuff back from generic MLS fan club type things, so I really doubt whether they got the cards...

Saviola that women's roster is very old. Some of those players have been retired for years. I'm guessing it's from 2008 with some of the players clubs dated in the press release.

Below is I believe who was in Cancun.

The problem in women's soccer is the seasons are short, the players move frequently and often the clubs are no longer there. With one exception, all the WPS teams with Canadians are on the verge of folding in the next week. I would think your best bet for sending them would be via the CSA.

1 - LeBlanc, Karina - Chicago Red Stars - USA

2 - Zurrer, Emily - Vancouver Whitecaps - Canada

3 - Scott, Desiree - Vancouver Whitecaps - Canada

4 - Moscato, Carmelina - UPC Tavagnacco - Italy

5 - Gayle, Robyn - Vancouver Whitecaps - Canada

6 - Kyle, Kaylyn - Vancouver Whitecaps - Canada

7 - Wilkinson, Rhian - Lillestrøm SK - Norway

8 - Matheson, Diana - Lillestrøm SK - Norway

9 - Chapman, Candace - FC Gold Pride - USA

10 - Julien, Christina - Ottawa Fury - Canada

11 - Bélanger, Josée - Amiral de Québec - Canada

12 - Sinclair, Christine - FC Gold Pride - USA

13 - Schmidt, Sophie - Vancouver Whitecaps - Canada

14 - Tancredi, Melissa - Vancouver Whitecaps - Canada

15 - Lang, Kara - Vancouver Whitecaps - Canada

16 - Filigno, Jonelle - Rutgers University - USA

17 - Stewart, Chelsea - Vancouver Whitecaps - Canada

19 - McCalla, Brooke - Masters Football Academy - Canada

20 - Nault, Marie-Eve - Ottawa Fury - Canada

22 - Labbé, Stephanie - Piteå IF - Sweden

INJ - Parker, Kelly - Buffalo Flash - USA

INJ - Timko, Brittany - Piteå IF - Sweden

INJ - McLeod, Erin - Washington Freedom - USA

Edited by Vic

*****MAJOR UPDATE*****

So I just spoke with Jamie (Socceronly) and he made contact with the CSA and they said they would ensure the Christmas Cards get to the players directly as long as we put the cards together and put the players name on the envelope. This will ensure all cards arrive at a personal address and do not get lost in the club mail box.

So here is what I propose.

I still want to keep this a personal thing rather than just sending generic cards to everyone as we planned to do, so I (& my girlfriend) will write in word for word all personal messages to the players, even if we write 100 personalized cards. Also, I will put the return addresses that were PM'd to me on the cards so any messages will be sent back to you personally.

So all I will need is your personalized message. Please PM me the exact message you would write to each player, so I can scribe it on the card. I don't really care what it says or what language it is written in as long as it is not offensive or racist than I am cool with it. I will deliver all sealed cards to the CSA and they will get them out to the boys/girls.

What do you guys think about this? It is a lot easier and more complete than mailing the cards around Canada(&Germany) and getting you guys to spend your money to get them out to club addresses who may or may not pass on the message to the player.

Please let me know because the cards are arriving end of the week.

*****MAJOR UPDATE*****

So I just spoke with Jamie (Socceronly) and he made contact with the CSA and they said they would ensure the Christmas Cards get to the players directly as long as we put the cards together and put the players name on the envelope. This will ensure all cards arrive at a personal address and do not get lost in the club mail box.

So here is what I propose.

I still want to keep this a personal thing rather than just sending generic cards to everyone as we planned to do, so I (& my girlfriend) will write in word for word all personal messages to the players, even if we write 100 personalized cards. Also, I will put the return addresses that were PM'd to me on the cards so any messages will be sent back to you personally.

So all I will need is your personalized message. Please PM me the exact message you would write to each player, so I can scribe it on the card. I don't really care what it says or what language it is written in as long as it is not offensive or racist than I am cool with it. I will deliver all sealed cards to the CSA and they will get them out to the boys/girls.

What do you guys think about this? It is a lot easier and more complete than mailing the cards around Canada(&Germany) and getting you guys to spend your money to get them out to club addresses who may or may not pass on the message to the player.

Please let me know because the cards are arriving end of the week.

Hmmm ... I will certainly shed a tear for the end of the era. That being said, I can't deny the convenience and reliability of the proposed method. A nice touch to put our personal addresses, but TBH, I was never in it for the possibility of getting stuff in return.

It sounds like a good idea, much less trouble. of course I wasn't there before so maybe people would like it to stay the same... but I don't have any problems with this!

^ This is my first year involved and I don't want to change things that people want to keep traditional, So this is why I will take the time to put the personal messages on there, and going forward we can evaluate for next year.

Also, I think for the players to recieve a card with a personal message makes it a nice touch.

Also, I think for the players to recieve a card with a personal message makes it a nice touch.

For sure. This goes without saying. I don't feel there is much point otherwise.

On some level though, I still regret doing via the CSA because I prefer it to be very clear that we are sending cards to the players, not the CSA. So put me down as supporting the idea with some reservations, and we'll re-evaluate it next year.

How about the young keeper in Serbia, Milan Borjan, mentioned in the Odds for choosing thread? If others from that thread are included why not him too?

I do not support the idea of asking any favors from the CSA or receiving favors from the CSA. We are better than they are.

I do appreciate your comments, however I ask you how we ensure that the players recieve these cards prior to Christmas or even at all. If we can send them to a personal address (which only the csa and personal family and friends would have) how else are we going to get them over. In my opinion, the only other way is to send them to the club and I don't know how reliable of method that is. Just my 2 cents.

I do not support the idea of asking any favors from the CSA or receiving favors from the CSA. We are better than they are.

So the next time they set up sections for us, give us special pricing on tickets, promote us in their mailing list ect... we should do what?

The CSA is not our enemy.

I been co'opted by da man.

CARDS ARE HERE.......

ON THE SECOND THREAD I will start a list of all the players. I need personal messages writen ASAP so I can get all of these to the CSA soonish and out in the mail. Remember, if you signed up for a region, I need a personalized message sent via PM so I can write it on the card before sealing it up in the envelope.

Refer to 2nd thread to see status of players.

post-2851-139465253087_thumb.jpg

Alright. I need personalized messages for players. Please see second thread on first page for details

By the looks of the list in the first page of this thread there are still lots and lots of personal messages that need writing. I can pitch in for some more if anyone needs help.

It looks like we will need some help to complete the rest of the list. We have almost half of the cards complete. Please pick up anyone that you can including all of the women. Their 2010 Gold Cup win should make it easy to write a few words of encouragement.

Please PM me to help complete the list.

Please see thread # 2 on page 1 for updates