Sign in to follow this  
Razcle

Local Voyageurs Committies - Please Comment

So I am sick in bed watching Mexico and Uraguay on the TV and I start to get excited for the Canada-Peru game coming up soon in Toronto and it comes to me that we don't have any local organizing comittees for the Voyaguers planning on coming from out of town for these matches. For a good number of us, this will be an away game trip and it would make sence for a few local V's to put together a travel package and make it easy for us to come down.

This committe I am thinking of is more like an event committe and is completely voluntary and all it would do is organize travel information, a block of discount hotel rooms, a game day bar willing to allow the V's to gather (numbers permitting), and any other game day activities that get discussed including working with Jamie to get the ticket situation finalized with the CSA. I think if a few people volunteered from each area where matches are played, it could be the start of better organization for our group, and may lead us towards more formalized supporters group. All discussion would be on the board and open to all to comment and contribute, however if we have a few good lads throw their hat in the ring, we know the action items will get completed.

I know many are opposed to a structure given our historically speratic schedule and lack of home games however a little organization would help dramatically get everyone together stregthening our support for the team. And if it doesn't pan out, there is no loss as we will just continue to do as we have done for all these years.

I believe we only play home games in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver & Edmonton and I think if we had 2-3 people openly volunteer to discuss and formalize Voyageurs plans for the next home games, we can see if this system is a benefit for the group.

Please discuss if this is a good idea or just a waste of my sick day. If we like it, I will start the Toronto (Peru) Comittee so the travelling supporters can have something tangible to plan around.

Sounds great. Who are the key contacts for these games in the threads? This is all about having 1-2 contacts that will agree to oversee the action items and can be depended on to answer questions. That is all my original post is looking for, and I think that should be stated at the beginning of the thread.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm volunteering for, but I think any V's activity in Edmonton could be coordinated by me, Carl_Valentine and/or River_City.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm volunteering for, but I think any V's activity in Edmonton could be coordinated by me, Carl_Valentine and/or River_City.

Fortunately this forum automatically seals things in blood and steals a little bit of your soul to hold for ransom.

Recruiting hapless and wayward souls around there will no doubt be needed in the future.