Sign in to follow this  
socceronly

Website Update April 2010

The style system is still largely broken in vBulletin 4. Almost no themes work and those that do are killed from one point release to the next.

4.03 - Should be installed shortly.

Still has many bugs, but will start using the vBulletin CMS for the front page which means everything will be integrated. Drupal will die quick but dignified death.

4.04 - Fingers crossed on some major fixes which will allow.

Social media connections, ala Facebook connect.

Media plug in for videos ect.

Tapatalk for Android, Blackberry & iPhone.

Blogging & Content Articles.

New forum for site content. Articles can be written here and then promoted into the CMS on the front page.

User groups for blogging and editing site content will be created after 4.03 install.

Interesting. Is the content management system for vBulletin anything like using Joomla!? I've minor experience using Joomla! so it'd be interesting to see how this system works if you ever need help on this site.

For the media plugin that will allow vids, are you telling me that this current version doesn't allow imbedded vids at the moment??? What will we do with future videos of Hondurans being tossed over railings?? I mean, moments of drunken tomfoolery caught in the pub after the match need to be captured and documented in crude cellphone vids to be uploaded to the site. Oh the humanity!

Interesting. Is the content management system for vBulletin anything like using Joomla!? I've minor experience using Joomla! so it'd be interesting to see how this system works if you ever need help on this site.

For the media plugin that will allow vids, are you telling me that this current version doesn't allow imbedded vids at the moment??? What will we do with future videos of Hondurans being tossed over railings?? I mean, moments of drunken tomfoolery caught in the pub after the match need to be captured and documented in crude cellphone vids to be uploaded to the site. Oh the humanity!

If you are used to using Drupal or Joomla you will want to stab yourself in the face with a fork using the vB CMS. At least in the current state, it will change.

The media plug in allows content from more providers and all the user has to do is copy in the URL and it will embed the video automatically.