Sign in to follow this  
Guest speedmonk42

Forum Change

If I end up sounding critical, I apologize. But I am going crossed eyed trying to figure out what groups and what threads have new postings on them. With the old forum I only needed to look at the color of the icon on the left to know right away. In this forum all the left icons are the same color (reddish) whether they contain new messages or not. Then there are so many other little icons that confuse an old guy like me. I find myself having to read through the small font of dates on the right to find "today" posts. Please tell me there is a better and easier way to do this.

Not at all, you are totally right about the icons. I will look into changing them, other people have complained about them too.

I think we both read the forum the same way, I am not used to the What's New thing yet myself, but I am assured once you start to use it, it's really good.

Let me know if you find things.

Thanks

Jamie

Another pedantic request...would it be possible to change the time to a 24 hour clock? Also can I change the timezone? It currently says 7:00pm when it is only 11:00am PST. I'd much rather have even EST if possible.

Thanks

Top right of the forums when logged in - settings - go in there and explore... you'll find options for changing the timezone.

Another pedantic request...would it be possible to change the time to a 24 hour clock?

No 24 hr, thanks.

I like my AM's and PM's.

I'd like to see the maximum size of avatars dialed up a bit - not a lot. But if you look at the poster information to the left of every post, the maximum avatar takes up only a very small amount of the maximum width. So an avatar actually looks rather tacky rather than blending into the dimensions of the page.

I'd like to see the maximum size of avatars dialed up a bit - not a lot. But if you look at the poster information to the left of every post, the maximum avatar takes up only a very small amount of the maximum width. So an avatar actually looks rather tacky rather than blending into the dimensions of the page.

Ok, I will check that out asap. If I forget let me know.

According the stats there are 1,107 members with 0 posts. Is it necessary to keep them in this new forum?

Well, they are not a resource problem. And you never know, things are going to grow. Perhaps many of them are lurkers, we don't really know. I have not looked closely at that, if they are user with names like XdfsDRERFy34 then yeah, I will delete them.

What's the deal with the calendar? I added a bunch of Canada games the other day but they're gone and there is only test posts there now.

Was there a recent change in the color display of the forum. The forum home page used to show the icon on the left in red when there were new posts on a thread. Now they are all light blue or light grey, can't distinguish them with my old and tired eyes.

Was there a recent change in the color display of the forum. The forum home page used to show the icon on the left in red when there were new posts on a thread. Now they are all light blue or light grey, can't distinguish them with my old and tired eyes.

Ahhhh bugger. It whacked those.

I will have to change them again.... There is alot being changed with every point releast. And these aren't even .x releases, these are.0x releases.

socceronly, thanks for doing everything you're doing for the site. It's appreciated. Hopefully in the next few years we'll be able to expand this whole thing into more of a site independent of the forum rather than it being so forum-driven.

Edited by Tuscan
possibly drunk again

socceronly, thanks for doing everything you're doing for the site. It's appreciated. Hopefully in the next few years we'll be able to expand this whole thing into more of a site independent of the forum rather than it being so forum-driven.

That's coming sooner than later.

The CMS that vB shipped with was terrible. It is being fixed and gets more useable with every point release. Drupal is great, but they don't integrate and the two log ins was just painful.

Is it my system or what? It has become very frustrating lately the delay for the forum pages or threads to load up, because of windows "waiting for www.thescore.com" or waiting for www2.thescore.com. Trying to navigate around the forum has become a nightmare. Can anything be done?

I don't experience this.

I use several different connections, in different cities on different computers.

Feb 1st I will be back in my apartment and living like a human again, and not sleeping on peoples couches and trying to stay out of their way.

Upgrades, some feature requests ect will be done then.

Though speed has not been an issue.

I never actually recieved any of the talking ads, so I didn't even know about them until people mentioned it. So it is possible different people are getting different things based on their browsing history and some ads slow things down more than others? Just a theory...

Well, they are not a resource problem. And you never know, things are going to grow. Perhaps many of them are lurkers, we don't really know. I have not looked closely at that, if they are user with names like XdfsDRERFy34 then yeah, I will delete them.

Well, this was over a year ago. Now the number has grown from 1,107 to 1,528 of registrations with 0 posts. Can you refresh my memory as to the advantage to keep those numbers. Should there be a separate registration for lurkers. Is a registration really required just to lurk?