Sign in to follow this  
Guest speedmonk42

Forum Change

One quick way would be to tweet this if you're on Twitter. It's also beneficial for the site as it will get picked up in Google results much quicker.

I'll tweet this to our followers.

I knew signatures would be the beginning of the end.

Sigh.

I figured I'd get it out of the way early. :D

Well, I was considering this.

But these days mass email outs can be a little dangerous.

I dont' want the domain, ip, server blacklisted.

There is a feature to email out, but I am not sure it does it responsibly or won't tweak the ISPs goats across Canada

The Domain will change, so people will go directly to the new site.

Ok, well if the DNS thing is going to take longer than a week, I'd suggest posting a note on http://www.canadian-soccer.com/en/index.asp and http://www.cansoc.org .

Don't know if anyone else has already mentioned it, but you need to change the default link colour to something different than the base text color.

Don't know if anyone else has already mentioned it, but you need to change the default link colour to something different than the base text color.

Yes. I will have another go at that today. The problem I am finding is that style variables system is not complete and things often overlap. So fixing one thing creates a problem in another.

I haven't explored all the features yet but I love the new look. Very professional...excellent job Speedmonk!

Now to get something cool for my signature and avatar.

I have nothing to say, but I just want to post... this is now the third official Voyageurs forum, and I've been on all three, so I don't want to miss out. Wow... we can have avatars... gotta get busy and make some.

HI guys. I am having trouble logging into the new forum with my old name: Joe Keeper. The password I have used for years does not seem to work with my user name. What do I have to do to log in using my old forum identity? I created this new account as Joe_Keeper (the difference being the underscore) so I could post this question. I would like to retain my old forum identity and not loose my status or ammased number of posts as I am a senior member by now.

Thanks

JK

t

HI guys. I am having trouble logging into the new forum with my old name: Joe Keeper. The password I have used for years does not seem to work with my user name. What do I have to do to log in using my old forum identity? I created this new account as Joe_Keeper (the difference being the underscore) so I could post this question. I would like to retain my old forum identity and not loose my status or ammased number of posts as I am a senior member by now.

Thanks

JK

Sent you an email.

The two emails were different, so I suspect one was old.

If you have any trouble logging in, let me know.

Just wanted to give a big shout out to everyone who put hard work into the new site. It's awesome and thank you for your contribution.

I also had trouble logging in and I had to reset my password.

I also had to reset my password... and it seems at least some (if not all) of my posts are gone???

That being said, great job, the forums look great.

Your posts are gone?

From how long ago? The last few days perhaps, but before that everything should be here....

Your posts are gone?

From how long ago? The last few days perhaps, but before that everything should be here....

I think that's right... the stuff I can't find is more recent, older posts are still there. Oh well!

Way to lazy to read previous posts, but you know that the Forum link in the top navigation bar on the right side on the home page still goes to the page that allows you to either choose the old forum or this new one. Also, should clicking the "+ Reply to Thread" button here at the bottom of the topic thread automatically go to the Quick Reply at the bottom?

If I end up sounding critical, I apologize. But I am going crossed eyed trying to figure out what groups and what threads have new postings on them. With the old forum I only needed to look at the color of the icon on the left to know right away. In this forum all the left icons are the same color (reddish) whether they contain new messages or not. Then there are so many other little icons that confuse an old guy like me. I find myself having to read through the small font of dates on the right to find "today" posts. Please tell me there is a better and easier way to do this.