Sign in to follow this  
Guest speedmonk42

Forum Change

Guest speedmonk42

Forum should be ported sometime on Friday.

Plan is to test it out for a few days and make sure it's working before switching any domains.

It is VBulletin 4, which after much anticipation by the VBulletin community unfortunately has been released with some controversy. It was released months behind schedule :( and to a somewhat buggy release. Most of the bugs are cosmetic and some very picky things I can't see people complaining about (like which way an arrow points). A lot of the complaints I see are long time users who are used to something one way and don't like something new, so I am not worried about those.

If the show was not coming up, I would wait for a point release.

As far as I am concerned, the 2014 WCQ starts on January 22nd.

can we talk about maybe having more/ more concise sub-forums than the current board. I mean right now pretty much everything that isn't women's or Canadian club related goes in the Men's National Team board.

I liked the idea of making a sub forum for each match that someone came up with a while ago.

Just basically make it so everything isn't clumped into one big general forum like it is now.

can we talk about maybe having more/ more concise sub-forums than the current board. I mean right now pretty much everything that isn't women's or Canadian club related goes in the Men's National Team board.

I liked the idea of making a sub forum for each match that someone came up with a while ago.

Just basically make it so everything isn't clumped into one big general forum like it is now.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Do it, do it!

Can't wait!

I will be exploring the multilingual features of the site in March. There are several different ways it can be implemented. I will explore them but you should probably pick the workflow that you think is best for whoever will be entering French content.

February will be mostly a write off in Vancouver with the Olympics on.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

Yeah, we can try those things out and see how they work. Lets get it ported and sort out what will undoubtedly be some growing pains first.

Increasing the number of threads in view will also be an option so things don't drop off into oblivion too quickly.

Hurray! Wait, I already knew this. Can't wait to take er for a spin and see where she goes to.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by Vic

If anyone want's to give it a functionality whirl, there's been a couple of versions up and running for a few weeks now without the old content:

http://www.cansoc.org/forum

That is the VB 4 Beta.

A better place to try it out currently would be www.vbulletin.com/forum

This is VB4.

It is still technically in the oven.....

The theming system is not done. When it is, we will have several themes for people to pick from.

Some more goodies to come in the next couple of days.

I'm assuming that Avatars are reserved for Moderators and Administrators, is that correct?

No, Avatars should be working....

Did you try?

I will check the permissions, but I am sure I set Avatars and Sigs for everyone.

Should we send out a Media Release announcing the change to the new address or will there be a redirect set up on the old forum?

Well, I was considering this.

But these days mass email outs can be a little dangerous.

I dont' want the domain, ip, server blacklisted.

There is a feature to email out, but I am not sure it does it responsibly or won't tweak the ISPs goats across Canada

The Domain will change, so people will go directly to the new site.

That is better. And what, the best has yet to come ? :cool:

Wow, I find myself clicking everywhere like a child !

I even clicked on the thumbs up icon...

Question, where's the Gothic font ? :P