Sign in to follow this  
Guest speedmonk42

What does 'official' mean?

Guest speedmonk42

Just rebuilding the card in photoshop.

In the text it says we are the official Canadian soccer supporters group.

Are we? What does it mean to say that, or is it something we inherited by default?

Guest speedmonk42

LOL!

Just curious in case anyone asks.

Good observation. I would ask a more senior V to give some examples of how we may be considered official. Hopefully we have worked with the CSA at least a few times for some favours (ie tickets, seating sections, game signed jersey, ect) that would make us at least an official recognized Canadian Soccer Supporters group

Guest speedmonk42

I would say the Voyageurs Cup is the unofficial stamp of unofficial officiousness.

Or something like that.

Official in my view means that there is no other person(s) calling themselves Voyageurs Canadian Soccer Supporters and that our group, our websites, cup, scarfs, logo, etc. are the only ones who can legitimately called ourselves as such and use our name.

Are Three Lions or The Green and White Army "Official" supporters groups for England and Northern Ireland, respectively? I doubt it. Even though they're the largest, unless they have been designated that status by the associations, it means squat.

We could replace Official with Largest, perhaps? They're almost synonymous in terms of groups and clubs when you think about it.