Sign in to follow this  
Guest speedmonk42

Trade Show Booth - Need Prize Hunter

Guest speedmonk42

Need someone to track down some draw prizes.

Draw prizes will be for all those who sign up for the new forum and introduce themselves in what will be the introductions forum.

Canadian National Team related.

Signed Jersey, either men or women.

Signed V's Scarf, either men or women or both/mixed.

Signed V's T-Shirt, either men or women or both/mixed.

Any other suggestions, please post them here.

* Also these don't necessarily have to be ready by the show. The draw will be post show and we could wait for a local training camp to deliver. (Or you could send me over to the next on in Europe!!)

Guest Jeffery S.

I have a poster from the Spain-Canada in Santander a few years back. It is yours. It is nice enough, and Canada only appears with its name, the rest is Spanish blah blah, but it is cool.

It is not signed. If you can get someone to sign it, it might be interesting as a modest prize. Ideally our goal scorer that day should put his name on it, Sandro Grande (I can hear guys snickering, not fair, he scored a beauty, unless you are thinking about how to find the guy).

If you think you can use it let me know by PM and we can arrange where to send it.

I've got the new scarves and t-shirts. However I would suggest maybe personalizing the t-shirt on the back rather than getting it signed. The scarf and jersey would look good signed. If anyone works at a press shop or has connections to get a cheap screen print of maybe a name and number on the back

Guest speedmonk42

Jeffrey, first off I am just likely to steal that poster.

But that might be the point, I think it is way too cool to waste on trade show muggles.

I think you should keep it, get it signed and frame it. That is a hardcore V's item.

I talked to our t-shirt fabricator and he said the cost to put a name and number on the back of a t-shirt would be $25. I think it would be a nice prize to win with the 2009 Voyageurs Player of the Year on the back. I would think if you took a picture of the winner and sent it with whatever we send to the player of the year, it would put a smile on their face.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Jeffrey, first off I am just likely to steal that poster.

But that might be the point, I think it is way too cool to waste on trade show muggles.

I think you should keep it, get it signed and frame it. That is a hardcore V's item.

Thanks, we'll sit on it until it becomes a classic!;)

Guest speedmonk42

Please don't be upset, it is a generous offer.

I am trying to avoid TFC stuff since I think that should be job of RPB, TRN ect.. and TFC itself since they have a booth.

I would like to give away Voyageurs stuff or CNTs stuff.

We don't need anything earth shattering. Just a way to connect to people on the day.

Wow. VP. A pair of 2010 Seasons tickets, is quite an offer not only because of the large monetary value but because of the difficulty of getting seasons tickets for TFC.

BUT...if you want to donate a pair of tickets to the 2010 Voyageurs Cup matches between TFC-WC or TFC-Imp im sure speedmonk would be more accepting. Just a thought if they are available.

quote:Originally posted by speedmonk42

Please don't be upset, it is a generous offer.

I am trying to avoid TFC stuff since I think that should be job of RPB, TRN ect.. and TFC itself since they have a booth.

I would like to give away Voyageurs stuff or CNTs stuff.

We don't need anything earth shattering. Just a way to connect to people on the day.

I understand where you are coming from speedmonk. I think it may be a great prize however for many reasons. A couple of biggies are:

1) For various reasons, Toronto is going to necessarily become Canada's "home". So continuing to build bridges with TFC fans, Supporters Groups and even wanna bes helps build the base of fans who will attend nats games even if they don't become Voyageurs; and

2) Will likely drag folks into the booth who may not otherwise have come;

What Gordon wrote. Sums things up perfectly.

There is an incredible amount of cross-over between the various supporters groups. Aye, club supporters are club supporters but when it comes to the National Team everyone rolls under the Voyageur umbrella. Shouldn't be shy or embarrassed to point those relationships out. I'd go as far to say that it's something we should crow about.

Of course we don't want to seem secondary to the TFC supporters groups, especially when sharing a booth but I'm sure the season tickets can be offered up in such a way as to make odvious they are A). From a Voyageur. B) A member of SAAC (get that plug in! I'm sure they'll have a booth there somewhere) and C). You're largely working with the Toronto market at this event. It's not as if season tickets to the WhiteCaps would be much of a prize in Toronto is it?

Guest speedmonk42

I think it's a fantastic prize! I would love to use them. The draw would be good.

I just wanted someone from another part of the country to say so, so I don't get castrated.