Sign in to follow this  
Guest speedmonk42

Website

Guest speedmonk42

One of things I want to do is integrate the main page and a forum.

I am in full time school right now so I have not done much since September.

The tricky thing is this. The Forums have poor CMS features, and the CMS systems have poor forum features.

Most people I talked to want to preserve the forum data. Transferring that to a newer forum like VB or SMF is not a big deal, but I am not sure how to do it to a Drupal forum which I am attempting to customize for our use.

I also want people to test the forum and see if they even like it.

The other problem with the forum on the Drupal side is weak moderation features, which could be really destructive.

I hope to have a forum you can test out in a couple of weeks with everything integrated into one site.

If anyone has an injection that can put back some hope or spirit back into my soul which feels further crushed that I will be watching New Zealand at the world cup. Please mail it to me.

Most depressing, uninspiring year of soccer ever.

Any way to have the site and forum on two different platforms so we can at least have CanSoc as the home page (canadian-soccer.com and thevoyageurs.com and linked to the forum with the Home link)? The current homepage is embarrassing.

Guest speedmonk42

Done.

Drupal + VB

I was attempting to make flash based lineup tools so we can make graphical lineups and insert them into the forum. I was using the native Drupal forum, but it's just not good enough. Half the modules are still in Beta or even Dev.

It will have to be a two step process for the diagrams.

Theming a VB install right now.

It is VB 4.0 Beta 4. Lots of people are running it live right now but being a new user of it, I will wait for RC1 which is said to be a couple of weeks away. When that is out I will port the data from teh Snitz forum.

Guest speedmonk42
quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

Can we just keep an archive of this forum and start a new one

Yes, we could.

Everyone I talked to wanted to keep the old forum data. If they dont' it would make things quite a bit easier.

When the theming is done on the forum install and I play with the admin CP a bit I will get people in to test it out.