mausi

Marcel De Jong

I tore my Achilles ten years ago or so. Not being a pro athlete, I can say I recovered from the pain well, but muscules and strength were very hard: I still do not have a balanced set of calf muscles (I was a cross country runner).  I underestimated how much work is involved. 

I have heard of pro athletes coming back after ten months. It's a moot point regardless. He is gone for the season, feel so sorry for him,  for the guy, not for Pacific, as we'll sort things out.

I know Demarcus Cousins in the NBA tore his achilles and returned before a calendar year. Hopefully Marcel can have a similar recovery time and be good to go for pre season next year with PFC!

@Unnamed Trialist did you have the surgery? And how long before you felt 100%?

7 hours ago, KW519 said:

I know Demarcus Cousins in the NBA tore his achilles and returned before a calendar year. Hopefully Marcel can have a similar recovery time and be good to go for pre season next year with PFC!

@Unnamed Trialist did you have the surgery? And how long before you felt 100%?

I didn't, because I had a tear and not a break--still, I think I made a mistake, though I feel fine and well on that foot, I am not sure taking the slow method was the best.

Any athlete has to operate 100%, I often wish I had just thinking about wanting to continue doing basic activity like running. But that may not be my real problem, I have a condition known as Haglund's syndrome, which affects both feet, with one of the consequences bursitis on the heel. So I had pain in the torn heel for years before, and now in the other.

I hope those in the Curva or the Southside appreciate the sacrifice involved for some of us standing and hopping in a supporters section for an entire game.

5 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I didn't, because I had a tear and not a break--still, I think I made a mistake, though I feel fine and well on that foot, I am not sure taking the slow method was the best.

Any athlete has to operate 100%, I often wish I had just thinking about wanting to continue doing basic activity like running. But that may not be my real problem, I have a condition known as Haglund's syndrome, which affects both feet, with one of the consequences bursitis on the heel. So I had pain in the torn heel for years before, and now in the other.

I hope those in the Curva or the Southside appreciate the sacrifice involved for some of us standing and hopping in a supporters section for an entire game.

Sounds like surgery for an athlete is definitely the way to go based on your experices, and what i'm reading online. 

I'm not sure what Haglunds Syndrome is, but i've experienced bursitis around my ankle after spraining the other, and I feel your pain✊🏽. All the best with getting your feet match fit for 90 minutes of supporting!!

Edited by KW519

3 minutes ago, KW519 said:

I'm not sure what Haglunds Syndrome is, but i've experienced bursitis around my ankle after spraining the other, and I feel your pain✊🏽. All the best with getting your feet match fit for 90 minutes of supporting!!

This is what happened to me: on one leg because the other was injured, and ended up hurting the good one while hopping around to avoid the injured on.