Sign in to follow this  
Lord Bob

thevoyageurs.com Expired

thevoyageurs.com stopped working for me earlier this evening. A quick glance at the whois shows that it's gone into clientHold status (i.e. it's expired but still within the grace period for renewal).

Who is it that owns that domain? Whoever it is, consider this a heads-up!

Is there something that needs to be done to fix this? Is money required? I don't mind sending someone some money for this.

thevoyageurs.com is so much easier to tell people than canadian-soccer.com, not to mention I still have a handful of those cards we created for WCQ which all list thevoyageurs.com.

A domain name is ten bucks a year. I bet even we could raise that fairly quickly. The trouble is that we need to find whoever it is that registered the domain and get them to renew it.

The information on the whois is from the last guy to register it, so Jarrek just registered it the first time. Now it's lapsed and Tucows will hold it for a while (couldn't tell you how long) but it won't do us any good, since Jarrek's the only one who can renew it.

That just means Jarrek's the guy we have to talk to.

quote:Originally posted by Lord Bob

The information on the whois is from the last guy to register it, so Jarrek just registered it the first time. Now it's lapsed and Tucows will hold it for a while (couldn't tell you how long) but it won't do us any good, since Jarrek's the only one who can renew it.

That just means Jarrek's the guy we have to talk to.

Updated: 2009-06-21

Jarrek, where are you?

I renewed it ... I'll renew it for an extended period so we won't go through this agonizing process again.