Sign in to follow this  
Dare431

Voyageurs promotional video

Hi my name's Darran and I'm thinking about doing a promotional video for the voyageurs. It's a final project for my films production class. I'm in high school and will not be pursuing film production next september but nevertheless I think it would be nice to do my final project on something that I'm interested in.

My deadline for the video is next Tuesday. Does anyone have any pictures, videos or highlights that would be good to put in the video?

Outline

[Who we are]

[History]

[Presence at national team games]

[Mission statement]

Does anyone have any information that I could include about the history, or anything else that I am missing in the outline? All help is greatly appreciated

Many thanks,

Darran

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Dare431

Hi my name's Darran and I'm thinking about doing a promotional video for the voyageurs. It's a final project for my films production class. I'm in high school and will not be pursuing film production next september but nevertheless I think it would be nice to do my final project on something that I'm interested in.

My deadline for the video is next Tuesday. Does anyone have any pictures, videos or highlights that would be good to put in the video?

Outline

[Who we are]

[History]

[Presence at national team games]

[Mission statement]

Does anyone have any information that I could include about the history, or anything else that I am missing in the outline? All help is greatly appreciated

Many thanks,

Darran

Missing in the outline is Sean Keay having his picture taken with every national team member just to show off his latest metrosexual hair cut. And posting every damn one of them.

The history is a bit short (not a whole lot of relative pictures for that part) and the voiceovers are a bit quiet (Windows movie maker isn't as good as Imovie)

But it's all done. Have a look

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Dare431

The history is a bit short (not a whole lot of relative pictures for that part) and the voiceovers are a bit quiet (Windows movie maker isn't as good as Imovie)

But it's all done. Have a look

Nice short review. One thing you can do to improve its visibility is fix the title on youtube, make the explanation a bit longer and link to the website, and add more tags, so folks can find it (football, fans, supporters, fan forum). These details do make a difference.

I added some more tags (hopefully I did it right, I'm still new to uploading youtube vids) and expanded the description. I can cut the music from the part with chants and post it again

Any other suggestions are appreciated and encouraged :)

good video - appreciate the cameo :)

One thing the site is canadian-soccer.com not canada-soccer.com

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Geoff,

Have you paid your University Loan yet?

Piss off

I paid it to your hairdresser, poster boy.

quote:Originally posted by leafdolfan

good video - appreciate the cameo :)

One thing the site is canadian-soccer.com not canada-soccer.com

Ah crap you're right, that's pretty huge eh :P.

I'm making a list of stuff I need to fix after exams so I can polish it up and have the final vid done by next Mon.

The Commonwealth Stadium you showed is the one at the University of Kentucky. Not the one in Edmonton.

I do enjoy that there are two shots of me in Toronto nine years apart within 15 seconds of each other.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by matthew

The Commonwealth Stadium you showed is the one at the University of Kentucky. Not the one in Edmonton.

I do enjoy that there are two shots of me in Toronto nine years apart within 15 seconds of each other.

cheers,

matthew

Ah jeeze. I'm going to have to redo this :P. I handed in the current vid today so my school mark is taken care of. But for a proper video for next week

-I say Canada-soccer.com when it's Canadian-soccer

-Music during chants - eliminate

- Credits at end should be canadian-soccer.com

- Anchor footage, I say canada-soccer instead of Canadian soccer

- Commonwealth stadium (Get Canadian version)

-Voiceovers to be louder and adjusted properly with the music

- Two pictures used in succession (post card + normal pic)

Matt - is that a good thing or should I cut it? And no problem..I guess :P

I'll fix this up and hopefully have it done for next Tuesday or Wed. Just waiting for my new camera to come in and a day off work. It may not be pro but any promotional item for the voyageurs can't be bad eh

quote:Originally posted by Razcle

Did you ever update this project based on the recommendations above?

Turns out I was stupid enough to delete the original video files and only keep the final product. A redo could be in the mix for a weekend project. Quality would be similar to previous video though, nothing professional but always good to have something out there :)