Sign in to follow this  
youllneverwalkalone

Introductions: Show Some ID Punk!

I've stolen the title of this thread from the Llamas Forum over at FM Britain. They have one of the more respectful, positive atmospheres I have observed on the internet and I believe one main reason for this is that they have pinned a thread to allow people to introduce themselves to the rest of the forum. I believe eliminating the anonimity creates greater respect amongst members. Because we know that this group will continue to grow and prosper, I want to take this idea a step further: Basically I want to suggest that rather than establishing some fancy code of conduct, we instead agree that anyone who posts their identity in this thread will be respected as a Voyageur. For me, this means no ill-natured baiting in debate, no personal attacks and, wait for it, no derogatory or offensive language directed at a fellow member who has shown his or her ID. Please see my first post for more details. Join me if you like.

A relevant thread here:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13454

I have baited, attacked, and spoken as many insults as anyone could imagine. Some highlights and lowlights include:

-Threatening to stab Loyola in the eye with a frozen Saputo hot dog

-Continually posting a photo of a fat guy in a yellow shirt that read "F-you too Richard"

-Calling Ed a pedophile for absolutely no reason

-Accusing Geoff Wallace of the belonging to the KKK

-Calling Beachels a drug addict

-Calling the Keays faggy

-Infinite insults to Grizzly and Rudi

Let me tell you, you think it would be awkward having a beer with a guy and his dad in Edmonton after you accused him of being in the KKK. Fortunately Geoff was a good sport about it and didn't take things personally.

Without further ado, introduce yourself as you like, just my preferred format:

Name: Christopher N. Clifford

City: Vancouver

Profession: Chartered Accountant

Voyageur Since: 2004

First match: Guatemala, 2004 WCQ

Last match: Brazil, Seattle, 2008

Other affiliations: ynwasouthside @ the Southside board

Other sites: cnclifford @ FM Britain Llama forum

Current club: D&H Wednesday (Urban Rec League)

As announced elsewhere, I'm done slagging other club supporter groups. I'm also done with insults and foul language in the general section (even though you c-unts should take it as a compliment, as that's the way men talk to one another). More details to follow. Long live the Voyageurs!

Name: Curtis

City: Montreal

Profession: Soon to be Uni student

Voyageur Since: ?

First match: Claude robillard, Jamaica-Canada

Last match: Above

Other affiliations: um02

Other sites: Trident

Guilty of: Baiting RPB and Usector, causing mischief for fun, trolling. :)

Will I stop? I care less about Toronto FC, there are bigger things to aim for. They are just always going to be an obstacle.

Name: Sergio

Age: 33....knees feel like they're 55 from years of amateur hack soccer

City: Edmonton

Profession: Event Planner

Voyageur Since: I think 2001....

First match: Canada - Brasil - Edmonton/1994

Last match: Canada - Mexico - Edmonton/2008

Other affiliations: none

Other sites: River City at the Calgary soccer forum and comebackalive.com

Guilty of: started off arguing about Portugal - Italy with Gian-luca in the pre-Network 54 board. Then argued with Richard about the PCSL's lack of ambition. Wholeheartedly believe in a formal and elected structure for the Voyageurs. Think Whoregraves is a douche. Think the CSA is inherently structured for perpetual mediocrity. Dream of a pro-team in Edmonton. Dream of a Canadian soccer league. Dream of Canada making it to and one day winning the World Cup.

Name: Jordan

City: Ottawa

Profession: Project Manager

Voyageur Since: 2003

First match: Belize, Kingston, 2004 WCQ

Last match: Honduras, Montreal, 2008

Other affiliations: El Hombre @ usector

Guilty of: Making fun of the name of Superbrad's town, making fun of Canuck in Boston's sense of direction/sports teams, shamelessly drinking beer bought by Cheeta, being a Detroit Lions fan. I'm sure there are more, but it's too early to be thinking so hard.

Name: Simon

City: Quebec City

Profession: Tax Lawyer

Voyageur Since: 1999

First match: Chile U-20, Toronto, 2007

Other affiliations: NAMBLA

Other sites:

Guilty of: Starting a few false threads during my time here: 1- Pretending Michel Platini said during a visit in Montreal that Quebec should seperate if they ever wanted to qualify for the WC. V's went mad but when people find out it wasn't true after 2-3 days they turned against me and told me it was defamatory (that was back in the days...1999 or 2000). 2- Fake press release announcing the departure of Dale Mitchell last fall with his replacement being none other than Evan Pellerud.....I'm also guilty of arguing and posting too much and I like a good old "Joey Torchia" allusion from time to time.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Same As you ;)

Name: Daniel

Profession: student

Voyageur Since: 2008

Other affiliations: n/a

Other sites: n/a

Guilty of: the fact that I'm not too well informed about CSA politics and what happens within the organization. I tend to concentrate only in players and the sport itself.

quote:Originally posted by loyola

Same As you ;)

Profession: student

Voyageur Since: 2008

Other affiliations: n/a

Other sites: n/a

Guilty of: the fact that I'm not too well informed about CSA politics and what happens within the organization. I tend to concentrate only in players and the sport itself.

Simon, i'm assuming you're with the North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes and not the other group. [8D]

This is a great idea YNWA. I can relate to what you said about meeting me in Edmonton. Grizzly is a guy for me that came off as really abrasive and I wasn't too sure about him. After meeting him in Montreal this past September I can say he's a really great guy. He's a very passionate individual and I will never forget him and Daniel getting in the faces of the rent-a-cops at the mall on the top of the escalator. Things aren't always as they seem from what you read on this board.

Name: Geoff

City: Victoria

Profession: Hotel GM

Voyageur Since: 2000

First Match: Paraguay, Vancouver, 1986

Last Match: Mexico, Edmonton, 2008

Furthest Match Attended: Honduras, Montreal, 2008

Other Affiliations: I'd call myself a Southsider but I don't get out to many games or post on the board all that often.

Other Sites: Southsiders, gwallace76

Guilty Of: Probably guilty of a lot of things. Trying to push against the grain for more organization for the V's. Probably most notable for getting into a war of words with Rick Titus. Should have just steered clear of that one, but oh well.

Name: Benjamin Massey

City: Victoria, British Columbia

Profession: computer technician

Voyageur Since: 2006

First Match: Brazil Womens U-20, Edmonton, 2002

Most Recent Match: Mexico, Edmonton, 2008

Senior Caps: three

Guilty Of: Lurking, lurking, spilling things on people, lurking

Profession: Webmaster / Soon to be student again

First match: T&T, Toronto, 2000

Other affiliations: UM02

Guilty of: Believing that every Canadian team we put out there actually has a chance (less and less, though). Reintroducing the pre-semi WCQ cucumber. Reading soccer boards way too often.

Great idea YNWA

Name: Shawn

City: Edmonton

Profession: Chartered Accountant

Voyageur Since: 2007. Been attending Canada matches in Edmonton with my old man ever since I can remember, have been reading the board for years, however never got actively involved until the U20 World Cup.

First match: Canada - Australia - Edmonton/1993

Last match: Canada - Mexico - Edmonton/2008

Other affiliations: I'm Canada till I die - hopefully I can add a professional Edmonton team to this section one day

Other sites: read U-Sector and the Southsiders on occasion

Guilty of: not posting enough.

Name: Rob

City: Leiden, Netherlands

Profession: PhD Student

Voyageur Since: 2005, although fell in love during the 2000 Gold Cup run (and was > < close to booking a last minute ticket to LA for the final, but my friends wimped out on me).

First match: @ Luxembourg, 2005

Last match: vs. Costa Rica, 2007 (has it been that long ago really? I need to get a better paying job!)

Other sites: I had an account of the same name on bigsoccer, but abandoned it due to lack of time

Guilty of: Lurking a lot and trying to push a song book through.

Name:Ryan

City:Orono(if that counts as a city:D)

Profession: Student/part time cook

Voyageur since: 2008(I have been a Canadian supporter since 2004 but never knew this site existed)

First Match: Canada-Chile(U-20's)

Last match: Canada-Jamaica

Current Club: Darlington U-16's (I think we should all share what team we are on)

Guilty of : lurking and being entertained by some posters "dissagreements"

Guest Ed

Name: Ed

City: Cowtown

Profession: DBA, Tech. architect, Hyperion expert

Voyageur since: 1997/98

First Match: Canada vs Brazil (1994)

Last Match: Canada vs Mexico (2008)

Current Club: Coaching in Calgary SW United (U10 and U14)

Guilty of: I plead the 5th.

Other sites: CanuckFan on bigsoccer.com

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

Simon, i'm assuming you're with the North American Marlon Brando Look Alikes and not the other group. [8D]

I must say I went to Comedy Network website to watch a few South Park episodes after reading that. That was good fun, specially the NAMBLA episode with Cartman looking for mature friends on the Internet...classic! :D

Name: Dwayne Cole

City: Winnipeg

Profession: Correctional Officer

Voyageur since: 1996

First Match: Canada vs Honduras (Vancouver, 1993)

Last Match: Canada vs Jamaica (Toronto, 2008)

Current Club: Retired season-ticket holder of the Winnipeg Fury

Guilty of: Far too jaded

Other affiliations: None

Other sites: Most the major club supporter sites (Southsiders, NEE, U-Sector, RPB, etc..), always as Winnipeg Fury

Name: Max Bell

City: London, UK (born in Toronto)

Profession: Student

First match: vs Holland @ Varsity Stadium in Toronto(pre WC 1994)

Last match: vs Honduras @ Saputo in Montreal

Other sites: www.northstarmusic.ca (my old band)

Current club: Goldsmiths College Men's Football (see...I'm playing in England, can't I get a call-up for a friendly? Please?)

Guilty of:

1. Throwing a tasteless Honduran supporter over a railing following the defeat in Montreal + successfully avoiding security and police capture for it. (He was taunting the Vee's, it was deserved)

2. Being turned away from the Voyageurs pre-game bar in Seattle after having travelled 4,000KM to get there.

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Guilty of:

1. Throwing a tasteless Honduran supporter over a railing following the defeat in Montreal + successfully avoiding security and police capture for it. (He was taunting the Vee's, it was deserved)

That was you? If you're at a Gold Cup match, identify yourself so I can buy you a drink!

quote:Originally posted by Lord Bob

That was you? If you're at a Gold Cup match, identify yourself so I can buy you a drink!

Will do. Hope to make an appearance.

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Guilty of:

Ha ha ha... definitely one of the highlights of an otherwise nightmarish event.

Name: Martin Gourlie

City: Regina

Profession: Game Farm Statistic Clerk until May

Voyageur since: I remember the 1994 qualification run but lets say in spirit from 2000 Gold Cup, in action WCQ 2004.

First Match: Canada vs Honduras (Edmonton, 2004)

Last Match: Canada vs Mexico (Edmonton, 2008)

Current Club: I just finished playing tier 2 co-ed indoor. Currently I'm clubless

Guilty of: - Not liking international soccer yet, ironically, having no real association with any team other than Canada.

- Disagreeing with Toronto MB's tossing Hondurans, took flack for that from some of you. Understandable.

- I'm a supporter of a Canadian league, but have no idea how to make it happen other than becomeing a billionaire.

- Lots of other stuff

Name: Luigi

Profession: Student

Voyageur Since: Beginning of 2008

First match: Canada vs Jamaica

Last match: Canada vs Honduras :(

Other affiliations: UM02

Other sites: Montreal Ultra forum & Mls rumors

Guilty of: Not doing a lot for my country.

Name: Jeff Salisbury

City: Saskatoon

Profession: Student, but sadly currently working at a Mark's Work Whorehouse

Voyageur Since: May 2008

First match: Canada vs Australia 31st July, 1993, Edmonton

Last match: Canada vs Mexico, Edmonton

Other affiliations: Saskatoon Celtic FC http://saskatoonceltic.tripod.com

Guilty of: Getting horribly drunk at the Impact - Santos CCL 1st leg at the Big O to the point of not really being able to stand up by match end, repeatedly hitting on the one waitress at Bar 99 after the game, wasting half of B&W Army's wheat beer on the march to Commonwealth (I still owe you for that), being extremely optimistic that pro soccer will come to and work in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba