Sign in to follow this  
DJT

Who is Duncan Leung?

Is it possible to see the sources of the article? They are not listed at the bottom of the essay. I wrote a rather extensive dissertation on Canadian soccer in 1888 and 1891, and I'm always curious to see what other sources might be out there. :)

It's interesting that he noted that the 2000 Gold Cup MVP was "Carlos Corrazin".

"Carlos" (instead of Carlo) was the name used on the FIFA/Concacaf site. Despite what

I deem as a pretty good piece, little bits like that reveal some newbie-like approaches

taken by the writer. (Probably an American writer? hmm)

Guest Ed

He's got more footnotes than a Coles reader, so where are they? Some fanciful 'facts' thrown about regarding Hargreaves. You can't tell me any university panel let that English through in a published thesis.

I may have used the word thesis too lightly. Essay may be a bit better.

I don't know this guy one iota, but as for Hargreaves, the facts have always been fanciful, for both sides of the argument.

He was a student at UofA back in 2001 or so from what I recall. He came to our site and inquired about some information and I can't remember the details, but somehow his article ended up on our site. It's been way too many years now to recall the exact details.