Sign in to follow this  
Guest speedmonk42

Couple of letters to write

Guest speedmonk42

1. To the police. I thought they handled the march brilliantly.

2. The Rhino. Apparently we made life terribly difficult for them by going out the back. I was told they are involved in some kind of lawsuit with the neighbors over noise. They guy films and records ect... I dunno, maybe they deserve it. But we sure didn't help, and I think having multiple bars to go to is good (necessary).

I wasn't there but how loud did it get? And what's surrounding the Rhino? I mean if you don't expect noise living beside a downtown pub, you need to get real.

Yeah, the woman at the Rhino was losing her mind with us when the march started to get going. She came and specifically told me (among other people) to be quiet. I felt bad, but there was nothing I could do. And, as U-Bolt said, what kind of idiot moves into a building next to a downtown pub and complains about noise? (Answer: the same kind of idiot who sets up shop near an airport and does the same thing).

oh so thats what it was. that woman freaked when the march started, she ran out and got in front of me to block my way, she was yelling in my face, tried to grab the megaphone off me, total nutjob. still, i regret shouting "f- the rhino" in her face (with megaphone).

Man, that sucks Martin. Makes me kinda regret going back to the Rhino after the match for a drink; well at least the company was excellent. I'm sure that won't be a problem in Montreal. Less than 2 weeks to go lads...

Next game in Toronto, there should definitely be another march, and ask the RCMP to come out in full dress to help the march along and keep the peace. That would look excellent in the papers and on tv.

So that's the story with the woman at the Rhino. She totally freaked out. I had no idea what was going on. Then the cops on bikes showed up in the alley and I was really confused.

That's too bad. We could have gone out the front had we known. I was planning on heading back post-match, but went to the Gate instead after she tried to rip the megaphone out of Brennan fan's hands.

Agreed with Speedmonk, the cops were brilliant. They were patient when we waited at the corner of Dufferin and King (I think that's where we were) and were totally accomodating and reasonable.

cheers,

matthew