Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Where's john tv?

quote:Originally posted by loyola

I think he told one of the V's in Toronto that he left the forum because of "Black Wednesday".

He told me that as well. John also said he was busy working on kitchens, but that was a number of months ago...

And John wrote another letter to Fox about having the game broadcast:

quote:Chris, I am a member of a group called the Voyageurs

Maybe you'll start posting again John!

I am Ok and I would like to thank all of you who wondered. Yes it was my Kitchen business that kept me very busy.( www.kdplus.ca) As was stated I indeed did not agree on that shirt thing. For way to many years I really suffered to have to see all these foreign fans outdoing us in shirts. I made several references to it and I really hoped to see on the first day a red see of Canadian shirts.

I am still trying to accept that. I know that there were these reasons but not this way. Back to water under the bridge. My kitchen business,well we won the CONSUMERS' CHOICE AWARD FOR THE BEST KITCHEN AND BATH COMPANY in Toronto. This was in fact the 12th time we won this.We also won the TOP KITCHEN AWARD in Toronto.We must be doing something right.

Back to the real important stuff,this Saturday is again one of those magic things happening in Toronto. Our fans are surreal and on my old age of 70 I am enjoying this so much and this Saturday is going to be the ultimate in fan support and sports happening. Our fans are rewriting sport history in North America and our team being a lot better than last year we will celebrate even more.All these wondefull fans ,the REd Patch Boys and others are way beyond amazing.

So have fun again and thanks Paul for bringing all these fans together,you did one amazing job.

He Ouwe Lul,

Goed te zien dat je nog leeft. Ik had een poos geleden Alfons nog geschreven om uit te vinden hoe het met je was, maar hij heeft me nooit terug geschreven. Altans niet over jou. Nou het aller beste.

De mazzel,

Rob.

Good to see you back john tv. We owe a lot to soccer development in Canada to salts like you who rolled up their sleeves and pitched in. Cheers.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Good to see you back john tv. We owe a lot to soccer development in Canada to salts like you who rolled up their sleeves and pitched in. Cheers.

Yap this soccer thing must be one heck of an eye opener. Still that Simmons guy at the Sun has yet to even mention soccer once. He will fall,he and some others will be woken up by the roar of the MLS Cup here in Toronto.

But it should not take that kind of dramatic result to get our name in the article. Anyway do we need him,hell no.

Yes I can look back at some finally great results in the development of our game.It is even for an optumist like me kind of surreal. That trip to Columbus was that straw.

The pictures in the papers today are unequaled in sports history in Canada. Not even a Stanly cup can approach that exhuberance and this is only a league game.

That CN tower is going to rock one day.

Again congratulations to the MLSE guys and I am sure they are even more surprised than we are and I guess wondering what is next.

So to Paul and the boys enjoy,get the right players and ultimately extend that stadium to at least 35000 and even consider some grass.

Yes thank you I do feel that I have contributed to this success but never ever in my wildest dreams this big and certainly this fast.

Or maybe I did. Something motivated me and this was a big one, the pure promotion of our game and the end results in having thousands and thousands of fans singing their soccer hearts out.

Salt there are so many of us.

One you know very well is Bill Spiers,one rock and one organiser.

Keep up the good work guys and the Red Patch boys in particular.

It's great to see you back, John. Nice to hear your business is doing well.

And I wouldn't worry about the Simmons' of the media not writing about TFC. What if they did? What could they write about the club or the game that would be productive since they know nothing of either? Encourage those who do write about soccer, I say. You have to admit there's a lot more of them now...

Thanks Metro,since you and I first met a lot has changed in soccer and certainly it's media attention.

I realize that the old gang and some of them are no longer around must be crinching their teeth. The impossible is happening and their hard fought for bastions are crumbling and with enormous and glorious style as well. I guess we are winning the front page war and even the front page headlines. The newer guys are playing an important part and I guess they all played soccer at one time.It is funny that I forecasted this to happen and I just get pleasure to see Simmons still putting up a fight. As I said we don't need him anymore and the exception and rule etc.

As I said I am involved with The Hall Of Fame and that is extremely rewarding.I do hope we get some media attention. This is still a big problem and it is not for the lack of trying,but hey the TFC will have that influenece in the long run and all of soccer will get it's proper and well deserved share.

I would like to see a table of Voyageurs at this Banquet in the future and really get in touch with all the good and important guys,girls and teams of our past

On the OSA web under museum you will get all the latest news on our inductees and banquet detail.It is a faboulos evening with Gerry Dobson as our extremely masterfull MC along with Craig Forrest who himself was inducted last year.Gerry has been our MC from the very first one some 9 years ago.

Sofar we have booked or sold 200 seats and to be very honest,once the soccer community really gets involved in attending and or supporting us,this banquet could very well be the biggest of banquets in TO. Anyway that is my next big project.

I have very strong and mixed emotions about what I am going to write.

Well my son and I lost a great mother and a beatifull wife.

I got married on July 6th 1974 one day before Holland played against Germany for the world cup in 1974.

Just imagine my state of mind.

She passed away on April 27th.

My wife was an amazing person.

She will be missed by many people who adored her and worked with her or for her.

She gave me one amazing son and I truly believe a chip of her block.

We started our business in 1989 and are now recognized as the best in Toronto and Glenda had a very big hand in this.

I could fill many pages with my adolation of this amazing and wonderfull woman.

I hope you all marry somebody with her qualities, gifts and personality.

It will be difficult for me to accept that she is gone and in fact I will never get use to this.

She supported me in all my soccer activities and also believed in the value of our game. She never questioned me once.

One great supporter and I believe fan as well. Mind you she did not like soccer people when it came to soccer parties.

I called her the Queen of Kitchens in Canada.

She never protested and in fact she liked it a lot I think.

Glenda Vanderkolk,a true legend in the Kitchen industrie in Toronto and Canada.

:(

Oh My God. I'm sorry for your loss, John.

18 years (tomorrow) I've been with the same women and though some times I think I could choke the life out of her I honestly don't know where I'd be without her. Saved me from myself she did, and gave me a beautiful gift as part of the deal. (Another Wee Elf, my Little One who oddly enough, I fell like I could choke the life out of now and again a well. Like mother, like daughter).

Sorry, Dude. God bless. We'll all meet again one day, bye and bye.

Thanks guys it has been a week and I am so thankfull for the many friends that have sent me their various notes.

It also has been a week of jolts when i think of her. Just noticed our lawn,it looks beatifull and I can't say,hey dear our lawn looks great.

It is very tough and a lot tougher than you may think.

Thanks again.

I know how it feels.

I lost both my Parents, and I'm only 28. My Dad was shot in November 1989 by the UVF as part of the NI troubles. My Mum died 4 Months ago after suffering from Parkinson's Disease for the past 4 Years. Not only that, but a Cousin of mine was killed in a Road Crash 7 Years ago; She was just 15 at the time. Also, an Aunt of mine died of Breast Cancer 11 Years Ago.