Sign in to follow this  
Saviola7

Voyageurs Song book (CR version) - voting

Yeah I see no great difference from getting together in a pub before the game and kicking chants/songs around until some stick then taking them to the stadium, and getting together in this online discussion forum before the game and doing the same. It's gotta start somewhere and as we don't have a Canadian supporters pub we can all go to, this has to be the place.

I'm sure U-Sector and RPB will represent in their own ways but keep this going if you're up to it Saviola I still think it's a great idea. Maybe following the match we can rehash this thread in the MNT section asking what songs/chants people sang/heard at the game what worked what didn't etc. and keep whittling the list from there.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

I'm sure U-Sector and RPB will represent in their own ways but keep this going if you're up to it Saviola I still think it's a great idea. Maybe following the match we can rehash this thread in the MNT section asking what songs/chants people sang/heard at the game what worked what didn't etc. and keep whittling the list from there.

I think we can't go around RPB and U-Sector with this agenda. They will be well represented on this and future CMNT games. We like it or not they will be a lot of chants from TFC games, but better that than be all over the place with small groups singing different songs or chants. Whatever chant or song we do in unison will help our MNT more than long songs that maybe 30-50 people know.

If someone can post the V’s songbook to U Sector and RPB it will help a lot.

Cheers

I don't know if anyone of you has FIFA07 or FIFA06. Anyway, with the Sporting Lisbon song ''Alé Alé Sporting Alé'', I imaginate a song to protest CSA. It's pretty simple.

Alé alé alé alé alé alé

Alé alé alé alé alé alé

We all gonna say

We all gonna say

Fu** C.S.A!

Sorry for my not-so-bad-but-still-not-good english!

Does anyone remember all the songs/chants that were actually used?

I've got:

Massive

This is our house

Canada Clap-clap-clap

O Canada

Who are ya?

Ooo aah Canada

There was also one CSA chant, but I can't remember.

Here's a suggestion for a song... Alouette. My wife had this stuck in her head a few minutes ago and asked me to look up what the words mean. After reading the entry on wikipedia it occurred to me it might be a good one for the Voyageurs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alouette_(song)

- The song was orginated by French Canadian Fur Traders which blends well with the Voyageurs concept.

- It might seem a bit childish but it is actually a little morbid. According to the wiki the song "informs the lark that the singer will pluck its head, nose, eyes and wings and tail." In that respect we would be telling the opposition we were going to pull them apart.

- Most people already know the song... it's fun to sing... so you might convince the rest of the crowd to sing too.

Alouette, gentille Alouette

Skylark, nice skylark

Alouette, je te plumerai

Skylark, I shall pluck you

Je te plumerai la tête

I shall pluck your head

(Je te plumerai la tête)

(I shall pluck your head)

Et la tête

And your head

(Et la tête)

(And your head)

Alouette

Skylark

(Alouette)

(Skylark)

O-o-o-oh

Alouette, gentille Alouette

Alouette, je te plumerai

Je te plumerai le bec

I shall pluck your beak

(Je te plumerai le bec)

Et le bec

(Et le bec)

Et la tête

(Et la tête)

Alouette

(Alouette)

O-o-o-oh

The song continues in this fashion, with the italicized phrase (a part of the bird) in each verse being substituted with a new one, with the previous items being recited at the end:

Et le cou

And your neck

Et le dos

And your back

Et les ailes

And your wings

Et les pattes

And your feet

quote:How about a Stadium wide Socialable at 1st and 2nd half kicko

Absolutely brilliant!

I can just hear it now, 20,000 fans screaming "ooooooOOOOOOOO SOCIABLE!!!!" and tipping one back.

I love it!

Guest Ed
quote:Originally posted by Martyr

Here's a suggestion for a song... Alouette....

Was quite the sight when our men's team won the Gold Cup back in 2000 as they spontaneously broke into 'Alouette' at the LA Coliseum.

I think that breaking out into O Canada would pump the boys up. Imagine the whole of BMO field singing our national anthem as the boys play some soccer. I see it already and its beautiful. In regards to the other songs, it would be nice to compile them together in a document with maybe a link to their tune...I don't know any but want to learn them.

The English and the Scots have it down pact.

I also like the tartan army's We'll be coming down the road. Only if we could adapt it to suit us. That would be gravy.

Sounds a bit like U-S-A U-S-A to me to sing the national anthem. Figure our boys need their own song. It's been a long time coming.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

Sounds a bit like U-S-A U-S-A to me to sing the national anthem. Figure our boys need their own song. It's been a long time coming.

If thats the case lets get to it.

When in Luxembourg, we had a simple chant along the lines of:

"lo... lo lo lo lo lo... aaaaaallez les Rouges" (Repeat)

It's fairly simple and easily repeatable for a little while.

I adapted Spurs chant "we all dream of a team of Robbie Keane's" To "We all dream of a team of Julian Deguzmans"

-Song to the tune of Yellow Submarine

#1 is Julian Deguzman

#2 is Julian Deguzman

#3 is Julian Deguzman

#4 is Julian Deguzman

#5 is Julian deguzman

#6 is Julian deguzman

#7 is Julian Deguzman

#8 is Julian deguzman

#9 is Julian deguzman

#10 is Julian Deguzman

#11 is Julian Deguzman

and the bench are all Deguzman's

-WE ALL DREAM OF A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

I'm workin on a Rob Friend one too so far I got.......

Song to Golden girls tune (prety F'N lame i know)

-Thank you for being Rob Friend!!!!

-Up and down the pitch and back again

-Winning balls for Hume and Occean

-He's our Giant almost 6 ft10

- He might not understand this chant cause he's use to German

-Thank you for being Rob Friend!!!!!!!!

I think that during the first game in Toronto (or anywhere I guess) during the WCQ, it would be really cool to have a...

WHO'S HOUSE IS THIS?

OUR HOUSE!

WHO'S HOUSE IS THIS?

OUR HOUSE!

WHO'S HOUSE IS THIS?

OUR HOUSE!

Followed immediately by an Ole chant or something of the sort. Gotta establish some home town presence! And make it intimidating too.

TIIIIICOS........

TIIIIICOS........

TIIIIICOS........

YOU SUCK!

I'm not sure which songs would be best during a game. It seems pretty hard to get past "let's go Canada let's go" for a lot of fans! I like the idea of discussing which songs worked or didn't after games and building from there. One thing I do know though is we should force visiting fans and players to listen to distinctly Canadian canned music before games and during halftimes. Draw the line at just what the average Canadian can tolerate and force it on the bastards. I defy anyone to beat us after listening to Burton Cummings!

I'm not sure which songs would be best during a game. It seems pretty hard to get past "let's go Canada let's go" for a lot of fans! I like the idea of discussing which songs worked or didn't after games and building from there. One thing I do know though is we should force visiting fans and players to listen to distinctly Canadian canned music before games and during halftimes. Draw the line at just what the average Canadian can tolerate and force it on the bastards. I defy anyone to beat us after listening to Burton Cummings!

quote:Originally posted by Lomonty

I adapted Spurs chant "we all dream of a team of Robbie Keane's" To "We all dream of a team of Julian Deguzmans"

#1 is Julian Deguzman

#2 is Julian Deguzman

#3 is Julian Deguzman

#4 is Julian Deguzman

#5 is Julian deguzman

#6 is Julian deguzman

#7 is Julian Deguzman

#8 is Julian deguzman

#9 is Julian deguzman

#10 is Julian Deguzman

#11 is Julian Deguzman

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

The #1 - #13 we all live in a georgie best world, a georgie best world, a georgie best world from Man U supporters is surely the root of that chant no?

" Alé alé alé

We all gonna say

Fu** the C.S.A! "

repeat repeat repeat

That is the best one I've heard so far! Think about the smile it would put on the players faces! Think about the embarrassment it would cause those who deserve it!! Brilliant, simply brilliant!

MtlImpact, you rock!

Wouldn't that work better shortened to two lines?

Ale ale ale

F*** the CSA

Ale ale ale

F*** the CSA

Not sure if that's from an actual song or?

For these songs, you need about ten or fifteen people who have worked up the songs before the game. The songs need to be original, and hopefully clever and/or funny, but most importantly shortish and simple. Those fifteen people need to be sitting in very close proximity to each other. When those people start singing a song, if it's any good, the whole section will join in. From there you have to make the jump to the whole stadium. Mundane and overdone songs and chants like 'This is our house' don't do us any credit as intelligent, knowledgeable supporters.

quote:Originally posted by Lomonty

#1 is Julian Deguzman

#2 is Julian Deguzman

#3 is Julian Deguzman

#4 is Julian Deguzman

#5 is Julian deguzman

#6 is Julian deguzman

#7 is Julian Deguzman

#8 is Julian deguzman

#9 is Julian deguzman

#10 is Julian Deguzman

#11 is Julian Deguzman

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

-A TEAM OF J-D-G'S

I'm workin on a Rob Friend one too so far I got.......

Song to Golden girls tune (prety F'N lame i know)

-Thank you for being Rob Friend!!!!

-Up and down the pitch and back again

-Winning balls for Hume and Occean

-He's our Giant almost 6 ft10

- He might not understand this chant cause he's use to German

-Thank you for being Rob Friend!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure we did that with Jimmy B.