Sign in to follow this  
Jarrek

Scarves have arrived in Toronto

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

I'll be distributing the scarves in front of the FOOD building.

I've only been to BMO once before, and I can't for the life of me remember having seen anything that would obviously have been the FOOD building??

What am I missing here??

There is a large sign on the building which says FOOD.

Like this (behind the scoreboard):

699146147_2a6a0514ce.jpg

Jarrek, I've asked and emailed you with no response. I'd like to get you some funds in order to have my two scarves mailed to me. How can I do that?

RJB: I've been very busy and am looking for some help in mailing the scarves out.

I will likely be in Toronto for a week in August (week of the 13th), and will pick up my scarf from you then.

Also, I could bring back a bunch of scarves to BC, to distribute to Van/Vic V's directly or at a lesser mail cost.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

I will likely be in Toronto for a week in August (week of the 13th), and will pick up my scarf from you then.

Also, I could bring back a bunch of scarves to BC, to distribute to Van/Vic V's directly or at a lesser mail cost.

I have already emailed Jarrek, but this sounds like a better plan. Are you flying out of YVR?

Oooh! I'd be grateful if you grabbed mine while you are in T.O.

Bert, my flight out of victoria stops over in Vancouver. i will probably be in vancouver for a night on the return trip- enough time for Vancouver people to pick up their scarves from me, or i could drop them all off with a vancouver V.

Ted, no prob. Jarrek, waiting to get your thoughts...

Yeah, that would be great ... Would save many on the shipping costs.

I'll reply to your e-mail with my phone number so that you can contact me once you're in town.

RJB: I've been very busy and am looking for some help in mailing the scarves out.

Understood. I'd love to help but I'm in Korea. No hurry for me to get my scarf.

Bert, my flight out of victoria stops over in Vancouver. i will probably be in vancouver for a night on the return trip- enough time for Vancouver people to pick up their scarves from me, or i could drop them all off with a vancouver V.

Thanks BF, that sounds like a good idea. I assume you will be returning to BC around the 20th?

BrennanFan

If you could grab my scarves as well that would be fantastic. Then I could figure out how to get them from you when you're back in BC.

I wanted to report a Voyageurs Scarf sighting today on Jasper Avenue in Edmonton at around 7 PM...I was a bit surprised. Just as I was leaving my office building, I ran into a group of guys, one of whom was wearing a Voyageurs scarf.

A bit surprising as there is nothing soccer related going on right now here.

I was just thinking what is the likelihood of running into a person in Canada with a Voyageurs scarf on a street in the middle of a summer day when the temperature is hovering around 23-24? 100/32,000,000 ?

I must say I was a bit pleasantly surprised.

Jarrek...can I still get mine off of you in Toronto next week or the week after? I arrive on the 29th late and am in town for a few days without a car. After that I am hitting reunions and my sister's wedding in Goderich but am in and out of Toronto with a rental car until the 13th. Let me know when is convenient for you and if you still have a few for me.

thanks

hey jarrek

I barely post on this messageboard, and used to mainly only lurk and read, but I'm much more active, or have been, over at the usector messageboard.

but anyway, I ordered two scarves (I think it was the match against Colorado where I gave money to you just before kick-off)

but I'll hopefully check this soon enough. I'm at every home match, but I can't always make pre-game boxcar gatherings.

I'm in no huge rush to get them, just as long as I can get confirmation that I'm indeed on the list.