Sign in to follow this  
redhat

Voyageur Design Contest --- Winning Designs

this may seem a little salvation armyish but just put the pick of atiba bug eyed or stalteri giving the finger, put canada soccer symbol where it'd go on the jersey, concacaf were the third italian syled jersey ad goes (ie opposite of canada soccer) the quote at the bottom and either stalteri or hutch written on the back like a jersey.

Hey guys, please note the deadline for submissions for this "competition" is:

JULY 15th, 12 midnight, EST. Thanks to those participating!

Let's see if we can get this to work...

vslessonno1hb0.jpg

Hah! So simple even Cheeta can do it.

Ahem... Errrr, please keep in mind this was done with a carpenters pencil and the felt markers we keep around the house for my 7 year old nephew.

Ok... draft number 3

goldcup3ub5.jpg

No disrespect to the other design ideas, but these are going on shirts, right? IMHO, designs that go on items for branding purposes need to be simple and efficient - and the less colours the better. I really like some of the more detailed designs, but I'm not sure they'd show up well on a t-shirt.

Prizes and what not aside, I've been tweaking my original design based on some comments here, but I'd be happy to work with anyone else on an alternate design.

To illustrate my point, I've included what this design would look like on a red shirt, a black shirt and a couple of more colourful ones...

goldcup4tv2.jpg

Guest Jeffery S.

Those are beautiful.

I still use the excellent screen saver you did for the 2003 WC, that was you wasn't it? We could really use one for this one too, could you make one up for us? I know it is a lot of work but it would keep our spirits up.

Thanks for the kind words Jeffery... you mean this one?

canadau20600x800bc8.jpg

I'd be happy to do one for this year, but so far there's not a lot of good pictures to use...

As for the "we" instead of "I"... that's a minor change that can be made anytime.

These are all really good. Strobe you're very talented.

After watching us outnumbered by the Chilean fans again on Canada Day, I thought of an unrelated design that we may want to consider for a future project prior to qualifying.

How about a red "Canada: Love it or Leave it" shirt with an image of a Pirate clad Voyageur making other supporters walk the plank. Have the other supporters wearing CONCACAF Nation flags etc.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

These are all really good. Strobe you're very talented.

After watching us outnumbered by the Chilean fans again on Canada Day, I thought of an unrelated design that we may want to consider for a future project prior to qualifying.

How about a red "Canada: Love it or Leave it" shirt with an image of a Pirate clad Voyageur making other supporters walk the plank. Have the other supporters wearing CONCACAF Nation flags etc.

I appreciate your sentiment but this type of thing may be interpreted by some as being a little bit racist/fascist/neo-nazi/white supremacist-ish. nothing personal gwallace i know you are none of these things, just a thought.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

Thanks for the kind words Jeffery... you mean this one?

canadau20600x800bc8.jpg

I'd be happy to do one for this year, but so far there's not a lot of good pictures to use...

As for the "we" instead of "I"... that's a minor change that can be made anytime.

Actually you did that one as a commemorative, since it included the last game. But I like the match-ups, and of course like seeing De Tulio think it is marking Iniesta, "my" Iniesta. But there is Atiba, Humey, Josh and Chin. So a good bunch, with the match-ups from each of our five matches.

Still use it at work, alternating with an old pic of dirigibles over Barcelona.

At home I am using a nice Inu-yasha screensaver. Can't beat Inu-yasha. Unless you can offer us something. How about something similar (The World Comes to Canada), a map, the venues, and a few Canadian players, maybe the odd detail of another team? Have time? I am sure we would all love it, we could make it a sticky for all comers.

quote:Originally posted by strobe_z

goldcup3ub5.jpg

goldcup4tv2.jpg

strobe buddy, excellent design pieces. You are right about the

shirt printing. Luckily the white background design, on a red

shirt, looks great as conversation items.

So essentially, most of the designs have looked okay (if not great)

on a t-shirt. The fact that you altered "Gold Cup" into "Cash Cup"

brings BONUS POINTS for me!

The judging by the way is partially by professional graphic artists,

and I would only judge as a tie-breaker. I may offer more than

one prize package, based on the quality of the designs so far.

:D

Ahhh. HA HA HAAA!

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

Absolutely love the gold tooth. That rocks.

That tee, in red, would sell millions.

(can you feel the synergy people?)

Guest Jeffery S.

I agree with the post that says it would work better with "We", since if I got jacked maybe that means I met a nice cheap little whore in Chicago. Which is also possible.

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

I agree with the post that says it would work better with "We", since if I got jacked maybe that means I met a nice cheap little whore in Chicago. Which is also possible.

Same thing right? ;)

Can you imagine one of our MNT players wearing one of these

in an interview? It'll be priceless ...

goldcup5py0.jpg

Ok, here's another tweak to the image. I tidyed up a few niggly bits that most of you probably won't notice, and I changed the "I" back to "We"...

any more comments or suggestions?